• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

navigating the diagnostic process with the VA in AZ

hellbentonink

hi I recently sought help for my anxiety and constant frustration. my brother and I have had several series of blow ups, relocations and breakdowns. Already my main psych has started to treat me for OCD, PTSD and what she felt was depression (i get so angry that crying is the only way to let go of it.) I'm finding it hard for her to take me seriously about the possibilities of having Asperger's syndrome. The first time i broached the subject she pulled out the Manuel to read it's definition. this did not inspire a lot of trust in me. I am 32 and have done fairly well thanks to my parents involvement in my day to day life. My brother , 37, is also going through the diagnostic process in KS, he is currently being treated for GAD. I hope to find resources and information on how to cope with the possible diagnosis as well as how to educate my work about my possible condition.

New Threads

Top Bottom