• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My work is providing support for Autism Awareness

Alvaro Ramirez

Hello! I just wanted to give a shout out to my employer Dr. Bryan Hendriks and Dream Dental Implant Center (www.DreamDentalImplants.com). He has agreed to give a portion of all earnings during the month of April to provide support for Autism Awareness month and Autism Speaks. He is even running a fundraiser to raise funds (Fundraise Your Way - Autism Speaks).
As a father of a son with Aspergers I have watched my son grow so much over the years. He amazes me like nothing else. I am grateful for the support of businesses who are trying to make a difference.
If you could find it in your heart to help support the fundraiser that would be appreciated, you could even share it with others. Thank you!

Attachments

• Autism speaks 2.jpg
    Autism speaks 2.jpg
    801.9 KB · Views: 0
I don't think Autism Speaks is highly supported here.
Just a word of advice.
Good luck, though! :)

This is one of the worst places in the world you could have asked for support for Autism Speaks -- especially when accompanied by a promotion for your employer. Look up the word "spam."

Better to educate yourself and your employer about who is actually supporting autistics. It certainly isn't Autism Speaks. Isadoorian, just above me, has plenty of good links.

Oh dear... Another case of good intentions not backed up by any research on the subject :(

If your employer wants to support autistic people, why not drop A$ and support ASAN instead?

Autistic Self Advocacy Network

Perhaps a little look at how this sham organisation spends the money your employer will raise might make them think twice about wasting their efforts, not to mention the bad publicity from associating with such a corrupt business.

ASfinancials1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dear... Another case of good intentions not backed up by any research on the subject :(

If your employer wants to support autistic people, why not drop A$ and support ASAN instead?

Autistic Self Advocacy Network

Perhaps a little look at how this sham organisation spends the money your employer will raise might make them think twice about wasting their efforts, not to mention the bad publicity from associating with such a corrupt business.

View attachment 53070

The first thing you see about any charity should be a graph like that.

The number one problem with Autism speaks is that they only speak for the parents of autistic children. They don't speak for autistic people themselves (children and adults.) in any way.

New Threads

Top Bottom