• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Preferred Transport Is...

Of all the ways of getting around, I prefer...

• Roller Skating/ Blading

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skateboard/ Scooter

• Train System

• Boat

• Aeroplane

• With friends, family or... whatever!

• Total voters

Gomendosi

V.I.P Member
So, with what mode of transport do you prefer to travel and why?
Do you use different transport for recreation? Where do you do this?

Optional; complete the sentence below...
If it was feasible, I would always travel everywhere by _______.

If it was feasible I would always travel everywhere by bicycle because it keeps me fit and when cycling I'm less likely to be interrupted by someone trying to chat to me if I was walking. I also love trains but I very rarely go out nowadays because I find it difficult meeting people, but if I could I would love to go a travelling holiday by train.

If it was feasible, I would always travel everywhere by car

That's because I don't have to wait around at all (for the bus/train), don't have to risk talking to people I don't want to and I can control my comfort level (open / close windows as needed) and if I have any heavy bags etc it can all go in the boot(trunk) of the car.

Traveling by car is my preferred method of transport, its like my own bubble cut off from the rest off the world.

My car. Particularly my car, which I am driving. I don't like it when other people drive, unless it is my father or... I almost don't mind riding when my friend drives, but I still check mirrors when he changes lanes, watch for traffic, animals, etc. I prefer to at least have some input over whether I get in an accident or not, and I'd rather not rely on someone else's reaction time so driving myself is preferable. I am also a very good driver, and so I enjoy being able to do something I am good at.

I don't think I will ever go on an airplane because they don't have any good measures in place for escaping in the event of a problem (they have airbags in cars, why not parachutes in planes?).

If it was possible I would go everywhere by roller coaster :D
Wouldn't that be awesome? Whenever I'm on public transport I imagine it being a huge roller coaster. All people would be excited to get to work then ^^

I would love to walk everywhere, but that makes some journeys rather time-consuming. So it's off to Greyhound or WestJet to go somewhere outside the Perimeter.

If anything, I'd just like to be beamed everywhere... like in Star trek. I don't mind going places that much, but the longer the trek takes, the harder it is for me to keep calm and sane, lol. I would rather just be everywhere within the blink of an eye.

But, since that's not an option, I guess public transport is an option. I'm better off letting someone else take me somewhere, and I kinda managed to make it fit my lifestyle as such. I don't really need to go places that are totally unaccessible unless I have a car for instance. Besides; I found some comfort in reading or gaming while travelling. Takes my mind of actually travelling. It's just... loud people.. STFU! So an ideal situation would be just me, alone, in a train going wherever I need to be.

Busses are fine as well, but I guess it depends wildly on how the bus routes are set up. I've seen hits and misses with new routes in all those years I've took busses.

Cars make me nervous. I don't drive myself, but having other people drive... I don't know. I'm probably way to paranoid about the other people that are potential car crashes. And I've seen way too many people drive totally NOT like the way an instructor teaches you. Same kinda goes with bicycles... I'm not saying I'm the best driver on something like that (and I don't really go anywhere with a bike, so essentially I'll go on foot or by public transport), but some people should just not be allowed to control anything else than a walking cane.

But talking as such; I sometimes think it wouldn't be bad to have people get a license to drive a bicycle... and probably even give people basic training on how to act like a pedestrian. I've run into many situations where either I or someone else parttaking in traffic didn't have a clue what actually went on in terms of right of way. Does a pedestrian that is coming from the right side (sorry UK folks, lol) still have right of way? Why doesn't everyone do this?

I'm amazed how "the pedestrian is always right" over here. If I get hit by a car, no matter how much of an idiot I was, the driver who hit me will still get in trouble.

Besides, it's funny how you can get a DUI and your license taken if you own a license. If you only ever drive a bicycle you can get as many DUI's as you can afford.

But I'm starting to rant about code of conduct in traffic too much now, lol.

If it was feasible, I would always travel everywhere by, a madman with a blue box, throughout Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. Until such time, I shall remain a simple minded forgestrian and blunder my way on foot.

The Impossible Girl stole my answer LOL

If it was feasible, I would always travel everywhere by the act of teleportation, however that is achieved is irrelevant just so long as there are no flies present at any given moment ; ]

Any mode of transport with a seat and a driver that is not me would be my favorite transport, if I have to walk for more than 20 minutes and I have to wear stuffy work clothes.

Walking or cycling, if the ETA isn't too long. I can do an hour on foot or by pedal, even two seeing that I was forced to do so before owning a vehicle. Anything longer had better warrant an emergency or other necessary basis, unless the weather is pleasant enough in which case I'd be more than obliged.

Unfortunately, 4 wheels gets me everywhere faster than any bicycle or pair of sneakers can, and right now I really don't have any other choice since the public bus system here has too much of a gap between stops to be truly resourceful.

Teleportation? Only if my atoms don't get scrambled in the process...beam me up I guess!

I prefer by car, everywhere I go is pretty much too far to feasibly walk to. And yea I'm joining those in favor of teleportation.

My favorite transport is the bicycle. It's fun, good for health and fast enough for my needs

If it was feasible, I would always travel everywhere by _______.
If I needed to go to far distances I would choose the car, and bike if it's for short distances.

New Threads

Top Bottom