• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My obessison with loving and hating Spider-man.

WindSpectre

As a kid, I had a number of obsessions that involved Superheroes, one of them is Spider-man. I had a love for him when I watched the 90s cartoon show. The love increased when the movie came out in 2002 and it has gotten better and better until the 2010s. You all may or may not have read any comic books so I'll try to be clear.

There was a Spider-man cartoon I loved in 2008 called Spectacular Spider-man, I obsess over it during high school, it was what made me love Spider-man truly more. But after 2 seasons it got cancelled and I was heartbroken, I got into the comic books and it was fun for awhile, but certain things happen that made me not want to read another Spider-man comic again.

Now lately, because of Spider-man appearing in the new Captain America movie, I have an interest and desire to go back into the Superhero, but I keep remembering all the bad times I've had with the character and I keep resisting to read another comic. When I do give in to the urge, I become so obsessed with the character I get exhausted and just retreat back to my other obsessions and pretend It never happened. I even say I hate the character and insult the character when I know I'm just lying to myself. I know it's a stupid problem, but every now and then, this crazy obsession bothers me. It doesn't ruin my life or anything, it's more like I'm not sure if I'm willing to go back to reading and loving a character I grew up with despite my disappointment with the direction with the character lately.

Part of me just want to let go of the anger and just enjoy the comic books, but I hold grudges and it's an annoying one. I have other obsessions that I'm perfectly fine with and enjoy when the interest folds open, but Spider-man feels like a main obsession I can help but get over, or not sure if I want to get over. Does anyone have any advice on how to convince myself that I have to accept there will be changes to the character and not worry about it and just accept my love for the character?

New Threads

Top Bottom