• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My father

Ana54

He dislikes me. He loves me, but he doesn't like me at all. He's sorry he spent so much on my education. He doesn't like the way I turned out at all. He thinks I should be able to handle mean criticism. He believes that I have no psych disorders and am just a spoiled brat and a drama queen, and that if I had the connections or street smarts to be able to acquire some, I would be doing heavy drugs but seeing as how I don't I rely on doctors as my dealers. He never seemed that happy that he was a grandfather, though he does love Lars (I think). I think he also might think (as do other people) that me and Stan are not suitable parents because we're too messed up and spoiled. Or rather, that Stan is a psychiatric/psychological mess and I'm the drama queen that hooked up with him because I like drama. He thinks Stan is crazy and that he used me. He thinks Stan is pathetic. He thinks Stan and I are obsessed with psychiatry and using legal drugs to make ourselves less miserable, and that we don't believe in any God. He thinks we're boring as well because we never went out during the whole year that I was down there with him; that we just went to the grocery store, the charities for pregnant women, the doctors' appointments, restaurants and Super Happy Fun Land once (run by Aspies), and the mental hospital, where I was actually able to socialize. When we're both depressed (me and Stan) we get really boring and I should tell my father that it's a shame but we do get very boring when we're depressed. When we're manic we're wonderful tho.

It sounds like your relationship with your father is causing you a lot of stress :( It must be damaging to hear that he thinks he spent too much on your education; it sounds to me that he's implying that you weren't worth it, which a) isn't true, and b ) is destructive to your self-esteem. It seems like you want his approval, but can't get it because he disapproves of some of the things that are beyond your control, and some of the things that are within your control that you are unwilling (and rightly to be so) to change (like Stan). Does that sound accurate?

Hang in there, and let us know how we can support you. :)

Umm...sounds like your father isn't worth his own opinions, to be frank. Also sounds like a form of denial, like he thinks he f'd up something royal but can't bring himself to admit it was him (not to say it was). IMO (assuming you're being truthful), he was never fit to be a parent.

Wait till you hear about my mother!

I just feel that he thinks those things based on things he flat out said and his reactions to some stuff I or Stan say, think and/or do. Thanks for all the support; you two made me feel better. :) Gamers1700, he did make some mistakes but when I bring them up with him he comes to his own defence and roars at me about how I don't appreciate what he did, etc. The education comment (about him spending too much on it) was made years ago and he said he hated to compare, but look at my cousin, who was in her second year of college and getting good marks, etc. and doing other stuff too. But now that cousin has dropped out of university and has to start all over with studying a different career... social life ruined her education... just like my online social life (in which I met Stan) did.

Also, he acts as though he is angry at me and wants me to just grow up and act normal already, if I say something odd or "off".

AARGH.

He eats my two cans of maple-flavored beans, he cuts up my orange pepper and puts it in his spaghetti sauce, he eats all my olives, he eats all my feta cheese too, now he eats my tsatsiki sauce again saying "It was gonna go bad" when I had just got it a day or two ago! I would retaliate, but I DON'T LIKE his food. I can't just get things he doesn't like either because 1) he will eat ANYTHING, and 2) the things he doesn't like I don't like either.

If I could afford to I would. :) Haha, here I am complaining about food in the help and advice forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom