• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My ex does not seem to remember positive events when he was breaking up with me

difficulties recalling episodic memory. Where episodic memory is the recollection of a personal experience and what happened during that time
I only wish. My ability to recall experiences with a clear emotional memory resulted in PTSD. I have learned that afraid of constant rejection, I never experienced social milestones important for good mental health.

But the good about that focus is an excellent flavor memory, and I like to cook.

I only wish. My ability to recall experiences with a clear emotional memory resulted in PTSD. I have learned that afraid of constant rejection, I never experienced social milestones important for good mental health.

But the good about that focus is an excellent flavor memory, and I like to cook.

Sorry to hear that. :/ Yea I read a lot of posts that being on the spectrum means you have a good memory. I briefly dated someone who's diagnosed in the past and that was him. My recent ex is like that as well, but with facts, especially things about aviation, boats and trains. But.....I remember one time we met his friends after coming back from a trip and they asked him "so did you eat medium rare steak" (he's a picky eater and is disgusted with lots of types of food), he stopped for a bit to think and then said ".....yea yea for Christmas dinner I did".. and I was there thinking like you NEVER ordered steak during that trip. He has diverticulitis so anytime he tried to order beef I stopped him.

I guess... it is a spectrum so everyone's different. I'm a member of a group for NT women who are with ND (ASD) partners and someone recently posted something similar about her husband forgetting things. A lot of women chimed in and some said their partners "forget" and gaslight them (meaning they don't really forget, they're just doing that to manipulate/gaslight). But I know..... that though I am hurt by what happened with my ex breaking up with me, I know he's not manipulative and he never gaslit me.

New Threads

Top Bottom