• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

There's always the option of NOT responding to a thread if you don't like what you read.

This whole crusade against "neurotypicals" is getting really old and ridiculous.

It also contributes to negative stereotyping of people on the spectrum. It hurts everyone.

"Anger is an acid that will do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain

Nyah nyah!
Before he suggests he is a Teflon coated vessel... let's be a bit more specific!:

"Anger is fluoroantimonic acid that will do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." (partially untrue as this stuff is so nasty it destroys almost anything no matter what)

<off topic>

BTW Rectify,

I love your profile pic! Our magpies here are quite pretty but nowhere near as aggressive as the Australian ones. The most aggressive bird we have around here is pretty small... the rufous hummingbird. I have nearly been hit by one chasing another hummingbird (I am sure in hummingbird terms... it missed me by a mile).
When the rufous come through on migration... they pretty much chase any bird of any size. I cannot image that brain in a bird the size of a magpie!

</off topic>

Thank you :)

Ha! It's hard for me to imagine a hummingbird being aggressive - aren't they teeny tiny things. I've seen them on TV. Absolutely amazing.

Some of our magpies can be a problem in nesting seasons. However for those that live nearby they learn all our faces and we are not picked on or affected, even when we go near the nests. They know we are no danger and they recognise us.

I read that magpie nesting season this year was theorised to be worse due to people being out wearing masks. I'm not sure if this is happening or not because I only check the news very occasionally. Where I live barely any people are wearing masks so I can't comment through personal experience either.

Thank you :)

Ha! It's hard for me to imagine a hummingbird being aggressive - aren't they teeny tiny things. I've seen them on TV. Absolutely amazing.

Some of our magpies can be a problem in nesting seasons. However for those that live nearby they learn all our faces and we are not picked on or affected, even when we go near the nests. They know we are no danger and they recognise us.

I read that magpie nesting season this year was theorised to be worse due to people being out wearing masks. I'm not sure if this is happening or not because I only check the news very occasionally. Where I live barely any people are wearing masks so I can't comment through personal experience either.

Oh... are our little hummingbirds aggressive! We have feeders all around our yard. They chase each other. They chase crows. They chase goldfinches... they pretty much chase everything that moves. I have heard them body slam each other. Oh and the looks they give me when I change the feeders... "WTH are you doing with my flower?!".

Our crows recognize us and watch for us to get home in hopes they will get a mealworm treat :) The chickadees always let us know when the mealworm feeder is empty. Our yard is a bit of a jungle...

Despite all the labels thrown around, how about just sitting down and having a maintence talk about stuffs? Sometimes we just need to reconnect,get on the same page, air some differences, give some compliments. And finish up with something fun to do together.

I can understand his concern for utility. Despite your limited mobility, are you able to do errands around the home? What are things you can do that would make you more mobile?

About friends, you need to be your own person and try to make your own friends. Just because your partner may not have friends doesn't mean he's necessarily holding you up. That onus is on you. I do get that because you are partners with him, that some people might feel weird that if they don't get along with your partner, that they won't get along with you. Keep trying. Not everyone will be quite like that. Also, you and your partner chose to be with each other. Try to make being with each other continue to work, despite any changes in your life. Sometimes, you need to create you own way to make things work out. Find ways that make yourself as independent as possible from your partner. Be able to stand on your own.

. . .And I get stuff like
He doesnt understand why I felt the need to ring the Samaritans. It was pointless. And he interrogates me and questions me about it as if it was a total waste of time and I should nkow better.
I point out that I have nobody else to talk to. That I need human contact and contact with the outside world. That I had nobody else to see or ring. And he still does not get it and still finds fault and goes on as if I have done something wrong.
. . ..

If you're reading this, when you say Samaritans, do you mean you're giving money to a charity?
I'm under the impression that you're not working a job right now.
While it's nice to donate to other people/organizations, if you aren't holding your own job or if you didn't inherit money that was yours to begin with, it's disrespectful to donate to other organizations/people if you aren't making your own money. You should get your significant other's position first. If this is the case, I can understand his concern.

New Threads

Top Bottom