• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Moving To A Secure Connection On AspiesCentral.com

Brent

Administrator
Hi all,

Just wanted to give you a bit of a notice that at some point today we will be flipping the switch to SSL. What this means is that now when you login and submit your username and password, it will be done with encryption to make it harder for people to steal your account information.

There should be only a brief downtime period while we do this.

Please post here if you have any trouble. I will reply when the switch is done.

When will you make the switch? Might make it a bit easier for people to prepare for it, rather than AC being "offline" all of a sudden.

When will you make the switch? Might make it a bit easier for people to prepare for it, rather than AC being "offline" all of a sudden.

I do not have an exact time to give right now. This is the first time I am ever setting up a SSL connection so I am learning as I go.

It will be sometime within the next 3 hours I believe though.

Will we all have to log on again? I remember the last time I found AC offline, and it wasn't a nice feeling. Hope it all goes smoothly and you can put the site back up again quickly :)

Brent, the SSL is secure, but it's showing a red strikethrough on the https:// and it's saying it has no public audit records.

Yeah, I'm getting this pop up in Chrome.

On the plus side, I can finally log in on my home ISP without any problems!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-09 at 5.20.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-09 at 5.20.39 PM.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 101
No. I'm thinking it's a bug in Chrome. I can't get it to load the script nor can I get it to stop blocking plugins. Gonna try it in Safari...

New Threads

Top Bottom