• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies you'd like to watch in the cinemas again?

AGXStarseed

While I understand that some of us really don't like going to the cinemas, I thought I'd ask this for those of us who do like it or don't mind it.

While this may not be the case for everyone, I've noticed from some of the cinemas which I can reach that they're showing older movies, with Disney releasing three of their Pixar movies that were released to Disney+ directly during the pandemic - that been Soul, Turning Red and Luca - into the cinemas before Inside Out 2 is released. Additionally, sing-along versions of some of their musical films - such as Encanto, Frozen, Moana and the 1989 version of The Little Mermaid - are also been shown in cinemas
In terms of live action, not only is Mary Poppins coming back to the cinema for its 60th Anniversary, but we're seeing the likes of Fight Club (for its 25th Anniversary), Monty Python and the Holy Grail (for its 48th and a half Anniversary), Blade, From Dusk Till Dawn, Labyrinth and The Lost Boys all making a return to the big screen as well.

As for why we're seeing this, I think this article from September 2023 pretty much covers it: https://movieweb.com/why-are-old-movies-in-theaters/
Additionally, we have seen older films get re-releases at the cinema in the past for one reason or another so it's hardly a new practice.

It got me wondering, though; If you could see an older movie come back to the big screen that you'd like to see on the big screen, what films would you like to see?

Just to give my own opinion, I wouldn't mind seeing The Prince of Egypt make a return to the cinema - especially after seeing many people posting videos of them watching the film and reacting to it on YouTube.
I do think it's definitely a masterpiece of animation and a greatly told story, regardless of whether you're a believer or not.

Besides that, seeing The Sound of Music (1965) on the big screen again would be something I wouldn't mind seeing - especially as for five years it was the highest grossing film of all time and its own 60th Anniversary will be next year.
With Mary Poppins coming back to the big screen for its 60th Anniversary, having another hit musical film with Julie Andrews in the lead surely wouldn't hurt.

These are some movies I would like to see at the cinema:

'Marketa Lazarová'. Marketa Lazarová (1967)

'Microcosmos'. Microcosmos (1996)

'Penda's Fen'. Penda's Fen (1974)

'Der Himmel Über Berlin'. Wings of Desire (1987)

'Woman In The Dunes'. Woman in the Dunes (1964)

'The Wicker Man'. The Wicker Man (1973)

'Blood Tea And Red String'. Blood Tea and Red String (2006)

'Gretel & Hansel'. Gretel & Hansel (2020)

'Institute Benjamenta, or This Dream People Call Human Life'. Institute Benjamenta, or This Dream People Call Human Life (1995)

'Meek’s Cutoff'. Meek's Cutoff (2010)

I would like to see both Wandering Earth films on the big screen. They are amazing, and I can imagine the surround sound atmosphere they'd create.

Saw the remastered version of "Lawrence of Arabia" (1962) just a few nights ago.

It would be glorious on the big screen. But my popcorn is better. :cool:

I want to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch on the largest screen and loudest speakers imaginable.

Jim Henson's "The Labyrinth", starring David Bowie, will be back in theatres next month, in order to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the film.

iu

She could have existed like this forever, in a Brian Froud style dreamscape.

New Threads

Top Bottom