• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

More Friends Who Are Male Rather Than Female?

I've always had more female friends because I don't actively go out and make friends, I wait for people to come to me and they were always girls, but I've only ever found things to talk about with one or two at a time. I feel so much more comfortable around boys. I have no idea why. Even 'cool' boys. Whereas, most girls, I do not talk with them. It's like there's a barrier between us. Gah.

I've always had more female friends because I don't actively go out and make friends, I wait for people to come to me and they were always girls, but I've only ever found things to talk about with one or two at a time. I feel so much more comfortable around boys. I have no idea why. Even 'cool' boys. Whereas, most girls, I do not talk with them. It's like there's a barrier between us. Gah.
Being a guy with possible aspergers I struggle sadly to make close relationships with people. Most "friends" that I have been close to are guys and hardly any girls which is depressing, I've never had any strong relationship with a girl. I don't know what to do about it since people have a bad misconception about me since I'm painfully shy and quiet so people tend to stray away from me (especially girls) any advice?

i have always had more guy friends than girl friends, i find that most girls are kind of stuck up and i just don't get along with them as easily as i do guys. with guys i can just sit back and watch them play video games or whatever they are doing and they don't ask much of me. with a girl i feel like i have to put more out than i'm comfortable with and i'm not much of a girly-girl so we don't have much in common.

Just wanted to chime in and say, that I feel the same way at times. I have about 3 people from back home that I have remained in contact with. Strangely enough, they are all girls. Yet, up at college most of my friends are males. That's not a huge problem though...who couldn't use any extra muscular man walking with them when it's dark outside? ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom