• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Coming to PC

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
eb018a37-dae6-40a7-8bfb-a377ecf476a2

A screenshot that I was too lazy to crop. Ignore the amount of Discord notifications I have in this pic.

I am so excited for this. I cannot wait until July 9 when this releases so I can install and play the heck out of it. The trailers make it obvious that you will be getting a cute lil' baby Kulu Ya-Ku as your first monstie, which I absolutely love. I will name them Clucky and they will be treated like my first born child.

It will also be having co-op and I hope that feature will have crossplay with the Nintendo Switch.

Here is the most recent trailer:

As usual I dont trust any of these trailers or screenshots... seen too many bad ones (as in, 99% of them). Nor do I trust Capcom, so... while I like the series I wont take any interest until it has A: released, B: been out at least a week, and C: been fully reviewed by a non-professional reviewer on Youtube who doesnt suck. Also probably D: I can watch at least an hour or two of non-review gameplay of that fully released version, played by some random guy who has no connection to anything major.

But then, that's how I approach all upcoming releases: Screw trailers and I wont care till it's out and I can see it directly. Thanks, game industry. Ya killed the fun of upcoming stuff.

It occurs to me though that I havent actually played a MH game (because of co-op) in.... uh.... well the last one I DID play was on the PSP, so.... ugh. PSP, there's something you dont see these days...

As usual I dont trust any of these trailers or screenshots... seen too many bad ones (as in, 99% of them). Nor do I trust Capcom, so... while I like the series I wont take any interest until it has A: released, B: been out at least a week, and C: been fully reviewed by a non-professional reviewer on Youtube who doesnt suck. Also probably D: I can watch at least an hour or two of non-review gameplay of that fully released version, played by some random guy who has no connection to anything major.

But then, that's how I approach all upcoming releases: Screw trailers and I wont care till it's out and I can see it directly. Thanks, game industry. Ya killed the fun of upcoming stuff.

It occurs to me though that I havent actually played a MH game (because of co-op) in.... uh.... well the last one I DID play was on the PSP, so.... ugh. PSP, there's something you dont see these days...
It is entirely possible to solo all the way through World. They do not separate village and hub quests in World like they did in previous gen games. You can even solo siege quests like Zorah Magdoros. They will be separating village and hub quests in Rise, but if you go into a hub quest solo it will be balanced for single player.

I'd say that when it comes to Monster Hunter they do a pretty good job of describing all the features pre-release, and even have a demo on Rise that you can try out if you own a Switch.

I don't see how the MH teams (yes, Capcom has multiple dev teams for MH) in particular is untrustworthy, either, since they have been truthful. But I can see how you would not trust Capcom's other teams.

I don't see how the MH teams (yes, Capcom has multiple dev teams for MH) in particular is untrustworthy, either, since they have been truthful.

Simple: It's because the devs arent the ones behind the wheel... they never are, not with major publishers. It's THE reason why that side of the industry is such a continuous disaster.

If the guys at the very top... who, I guarantee you, dont even play games, or actually care... decide that they want to infect the MH series with some of the usual crap? The devs WILL put it in there, as their contract demands it of them. They dont get a choice in the matter. Not if they want to keep their jobs and avoid legal trouble. Dealing with a big publisher like Capcom is effectively making a deal with the devil. You could have the best intentions in the world, but sooner or later the fine print comes into play, and you realize that you entirely lost control the moment you signed that contract.

The industry has proven over and over and over and over again that even the "good" series (what very few of them there are) can become corrupted, and it only takes one installment for it to happen. Just a matter of the corporate fatcats pulling that lever. It's why I always, ALWAYS tell everyone to calm the heck down and WAIT. No matter how good you think a series or developer is.... just freaking WAIT. Let the blasted thing release (whatever it happens to be at the time) and have a bit of time with actual, non-paid reviewers, and things like twitch streams of gameplay and all. THEN do the research, THEN consider a buy. That's what I always say...

As such, I dont watch trailers (there's no point, particularly when 95% of them dont even show real gameplay) and I tend to just totally ignore all hype for anything. And I DEFINITELY dont pre-order... but then, NOBODY should be pre-ordering anything at all. Not that anyone ever listens to THAT one. I mean, really... the most blatantly obvious scheme of them all, yet everyone keeps falling for it over and over.... ugh.

New Threads

Top Bottom