• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mom to an 8yo Aspie Boy

suzanneism

Good morning! I'm here to learn and be the best aspie mom I can be. My sweet little man is big into Doctor Who, older technologies (he has a manual typewriter and is interested in film projectors, telegraphs, and phonographs), he is also an avid reader, big on memorizing facts. He's a hand flapper when he's super excited about something. He struggles when he's frustrated, still working on learning to express himself.

Hi and welcome!!!

I am an Aspie mom doing my best to raise my 7 year old Aspie daughter who is also trying to work on expressing herself. Life can feel really really hard sometimes!

Thank you for the welcome! I'm grateful for the team that works with my boy. He used to be 100% echolalic. He still scripts a lot, but we can have conversations now and he has improved so much. Still a long way to go, but it's nice to know that kids like ours have moms like us who work hard to help them make themselves understood. :grinning:

Hiya Suzanne! Mom of a child on the spectrum here as well. Your lil guy sounds awesome - is that him keyboarding in your avatar?

Good morning! I'm here to learn and be the best aspie mom I can be. My sweet little man is big into Doctor Who, older technologies (he has a manual typewriter and is interested in film projectors, telegraphs, and phonographs), he is also an avid reader, big on memorizing facts. He's a hand flapper when he's super excited about something. He struggles when he's frustrated, still working on learning to express himself.
hi and welcome to you and your lad,suzanneism,i hope you get some benefit out of the forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom