• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey guys, I recently had a meltdown of my own while driving and I was just wondering what everyone else's is like. I just scream and yell, but I usually keep it all in until I can't take it anymore. Maybe I'm confusing a meltdown with an angry outrage? Usually it starts off as feeling uncomfortable, then upset, then angry at the subject, then it just usually becomes the number one thing I'm focusing on and just yell and usually I end up forgetting what triggers it.

That sounds more like the connotation of a meltdown since you're keeping it more to yourself rather than aimed specifically at other people. I hope that when that starts happening, that you hold it in enough to park on the side or in a rest area, and then get mad when the car is parked and off. A meltdown and angry outrage are otherwise pretty similar to each other.

Thats a classic autistic meltdown. How it comes out will vary from one person to another. I have meltdowns that can be just simple fits where I stomp around, say a few choice words, or they can turn violent where I throw things at the floor or even at someone if they are enabling it or being insulting while I am in meltdown. Mike

I've been accused of being a "mad squaw on the warpath" by other who have had the misfortune to witness one of my meltdowns. I scream, using more explicatives than sensible words, throw things and, break things, like guitars, smoke machines, pyrotechnics bases, stage lights, lamps, windows, possibly your arm or head if you were the one unfortunate enough to trigger me.

Fortunately that is rare for me. I can usually escape and allow myself to shutdown before I push myself into a meltdown. It used to happen a lot when I was younger though but, not any more, I've learned my limits and, developed better escape strategies to avoid meltdowns most of the time.

That sounds more like the connotation of a meltdown since you're keeping it more to yourself rather than aimed specifically at other people. I hope that when that starts happening, that you hold it in enough to park on the side or in a rest area, and then get mad when the car is parked and off. A meltdown and angry outrage are otherwise pretty similar to each other.

This is really helpful. I now recognise some of my behaviour as meltdowns. I know my triggers relate to not feeling understood or acknowledged or people not following rules. The subject can be trivial. I cannot control once it starts but i do know triggers tobavoid.

That's how mine are, too. Unfortunately sometimes I break things and do damage. I try to hold it in when I'm in public, but sometimes I'm not even aware or exactly how wound up I am. I have a hard time dealing with frustration.

My first was a full fledge nervous breakdown where I cut myself 4 times across my left arm, thank god I did 't go down the rails. Now days if something enflames me I take it out on that.

When I do have a meltdown I usually end up screaming,crying or even hitting myself in the head,I have even gotten physically sick from it,i don't meltdown as much as before due to maybe not being in a stressful situation when I was living with my parents which was chaotic when I was growing up but I still will have one from time to time if things build up inside of me and there are outside stressors too.

When I have a meltdown I tend to scream, cry, and act violent towards inanimate objects. My pillow is one item I love to get after.

I get extremely angry at the situation. Some of my more extreme meltdowns have involved yelling, screaming, throwing objects, followed by a really sick feeling that lasts anywhere from an hour to a few days. Things I've thrown and broken include a few phones, my Nintendo 3DS, a cheap digital camera, my Macbook (a couple years ago.) It's not fun at all.

New Threads

Top Bottom