• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Medications That Work For Anxiety

WHAT WORKS FOR ASPURGERS? THESE:

Psilocybe(Magic Mushrooms)
Psilocybe_semilanceata_6514.jpg

How do these help? And if you use them can you carry on with school or work?

I'm not a fan for recreational drugs - especially if I have to be their nurse when things go south.
Okay, and that's ok. That's good. and Its cool you are a nurse, do you have a background in Psychogly? ( I only ask because my teacher did and my brain ended up being fried....)

anywayyyy,,, Let me tell you OUT OF EVERY DRUG/SUBSTANCE, INCLUDING caffeine, mushrooms are the LEAST of recreational.

Mushrooms are truly beautiful and open your heart and mind...

I agree that Klonopin is an excellent medication for alleviating anxiety; I take it myself for sleep, but I've occasionally had to use it in certain situations and it helped (if also making me feel a bit of a dum-dum).

Re: mushrooms - I'll repeat, only try them in safe environments; always know exactly what you are getting (and this is something you can't find out on your own, and you have no idea if that drug dealer on your street corner is selling you legitimate stuff); and that earthyboy17 is right to a certain extent, in that as long as your body and brain tolerate it it is among the least dangerous of recreational drugs, partly because the risk of addiction is almost zero (you build up a tolerance to it too quickly for it to take ahold of that addiction center).

Well when I posted the topic/question originally I meant like good anxiety meds in terms of ones that are actually legal and prescribed by doctors. As I stated earlier I think benzos get a bad wrap it's like all doctors assume people are going to get hooked on them or abuse them which is not true. I use a very low dose of xanax and it's helped me greatly for anxiety. I'm also not depressed either, at least clinically, so anti-depressants never seemed too logical to me since my main issue has always been anxiety. Granted ssri's are indicated for anxiety too, but I don't think they agree with my particular body chemistry. The ones I've tried I haven't liked at all. And they made me feel really sick. Lexapro has been the only one that's not totally sucked for me so far.

Well when I posted the topic/question originally I meant like good anxiety meds in terms of ones that are actually legal and prescribed by doctors. As I stated earlier I think benzos get a bad wrap it's like all doctors assume people are going to get hooked on them or abuse them which is not true. I use a very low dose of xanax and it's helped me greatly for anxiety. I'm also not depressed either, at least clinically, so anti-depressants never seemed too logical to me since my main issue has always been anxiety. Granted ssri's are indicated for anxiety too, but I don't think they agree with my particular body chemistry. The ones I've tried I haven't liked at all. And they made me feel really sick. Lexapro has been the only one that's not totally sucked for me so far.
I know antidepressants actually do help a lot of people with anxiety, but like you, I have horrible reactions to them. Benzos are tough, though, in that with some of them you can build up a tolerance, and with ALL of them, if you take them enough, you can develop withdrawal symptoms than can even be fatal. (I've been through that, and I literally wanted to die.) I agree that illegal drugs are probably not the way to go. I'm skeptical of medical marijuana, too (it's worked for me, but then I always got the same stuff from the same guy) and I don't think it's been adequately studied to provide nearly as much benefit as proponents say it has.

Everybody reacts differently to medications. I am on a cocktail that works great for me but might not do a damned thing (or even be harmful) to another individual. You have to find a competent psychiatrist and, while having a good, open dialogue with them, be open to their suggestions. Definitely don't rely on a GP to prescribe such things!

WHAT WORKS FOR ASPURGERS? THESE:

Psilocybe(Magic Mushrooms)
Psilocybe_semilanceata_6514.jpg

Careful with these...if it's your first time taking them, make sure its in a safe environment with someone on hand to call emergency services if need be. Some people react great, others not so much. My own experience with them has been positive, with effects lasting for several days, but they definitely aren't at the top of my list of recommendations.

My GP's run out of things that I don't react to with suicidal tendencies, so I've personally found cannabis to be my haven, mainly in tincture form, but vapourised or smoked also.. been reading about the health effects of mushrooms though, thanks for the tips guys :)

Benzos are tough, though, in that with some of them you can build up a tolerance, and with ALL of them, if you take them enough, you can develop withdrawal symptoms than can even be fatal. (I've been through that, and I literally wanted to die.)

My brother is addicted to Xanax, but he's in denial. We were talking the other day about prescriptions running out and how certain meds can't be stopped abruptly and he started telling me what happened with his Xanax prescription that ran out and the physical side effects he was having and I was thinking "dude, do you not know that you are hooked?" Evidently he's been hopping from doctor to doctor and was having a problem with them refilling his Xanax. Nothing I can do about that. He's going to have to want to stop on his own.

New Threads

Top Bottom