• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lost my truck driving job. Pursuing something in aviation

Mattymatt

Imperfectly Perfect
I was fired this week from my truck driving job for a service failure. A service failure just means I was late for a delivery without proper communication. Of course, it was my fault because instead of sending an email through the onboard communication system, I made a phone call. My dispatcher claimed that I never made the phone call. When I showed up to deliver the load, I was turned away and the load rejected. Just another day as an autistic person trying to make it through a harsh world.

Someone suggested that I try to get work as a ramp agent at an airport. They thought I might like pushing planes back and servicing them. I applied to a few of those jobs and hopefully some company will bite. Otherwise, methinks I will just go back to being a security officer. At least those jobs are plentiful. Actually, where I live has a plethora of low skilled, low paying jobs. LOL! I should have my pick.

I’m sorry you lost your job, ive been there and it is painful. I hope you find something good soon.

Wow, so sorry. Misunderstandings are the worse, especially when they appear to be willfully done.

Best of luck to you. Be well.

You might not abandon truck driving over the loss of single job. Especially given the issue was over miscommunication and not driving itself.

After all, that's something that can happen in most any job. Hang in there.

I was fired this week from my truck driving job for a service failure. A service failure just means I was late for a delivery without proper communication. Of course, it was my fault because instead of sending an email through the onboard communication system, I made a phone call. My dispatcher claimed that I never made the phone call. When I showed up to deliver the load, I was turned away and the load rejected. Just another day as an autistic person trying to make it through a harsh world.

Someone suggested that I try to get work as a ramp agent at an airport. They thought I might like pushing planes back and servicing them. I applied to a few of those jobs and hopefully some company will bite. Otherwise, methinks I will just go back to being a security officer. At least those jobs are plentiful. Actually, where I live has a plethora of low skilled, low paying jobs. LOL! I should have my pick.
I'm a Trucker here in the UK and all employers treat drivers like crap. Seems to be an industry wide situation..Us drivers do all the work often going above and beyond for the company, many hours unpaid and the moment anything goes wrong it is always the driver's fault !!! Truckers are in huge demand here, agencies screaming out for drivers because there's a nationwide shortage of lorry drivers. I wonder why that is? I wonder why the industry isn't attractive to newer drivers these days? It's a crap job that pays crap money and you're treated like crap everywhere you go!!! Makes you wonder why we do it
Anyway good luck to you my friend

Have a look on Google for Eddie Stobart's website, you've probably seen loads of their Lorries on the road and they're possibly always looking for good drivers who can put in the hours.

Have a look on Google for Eddie Stobart's website, you've probably seen loads of their Lorries on the road and they're possibly always looking for good drivers who can put in the hours.
Don't mention that lot!!! I have friends who work for and have worked for Stobart. They are a terrible firm.
You'd spend more time at home if you did a tour of duty in the military than a Stobart driver.
They exploit their drivers awfully, unreasonable and unrealistic expectations,, pressure pressure and more pressure and they treat their drivers like dirt.
There's a reason why they are always looking for new drivers.... Nobody stays with them that long.

You might not abandon truck driving over the loss of single job. Especially given the issue was over miscommunication and not driving itself.

After all, that's something that can happen in most any job. Hang in there.
A service failure goes on a driver's DAC report. The DAC report is maintained by a company called HireRight. Once you get a service failure or negative on your DAC, no one will touch you. It is the equivalent of being blackballed.

A service failure goes on a driver's DAC report. The DAC report is maintained by a company called HireRight. Once you get a service failure or negative on your DAC, no one will touch you. It is the equivalent of being blackballed.

Oh, I am so sorry a all this. So you can’t do any commercial driving? School bus companies are hiring right now. There are many city inclusive small delivery trucking outfits. I don’t think you are as black balled as you feel. The airport job sounds great. Too bad you are not near O’Hare, as we got so many different kinds of transit jobs everywhere! I wish I had a CDL, but really, I hate driving in massive traffic anyways.

New Threads

Top Bottom