• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lost Girl

theminx wow, your first post was beautifully written. captured so much of our thought patterns, situation and view. I lol'd at your texts too ... because that seemed perfectly normal to me. these NTs eh. they make no sense.

I too felt like an alien beamed down from another planet ... ever since I was a young kid, probably around 10 or so. I still feellike that.

And yeah, the body thing. mine doesn't feel right. I'm convinced I've got large hips for some reason, slightly female wide hips when looking down. although in the mirror it doesn't ...and this confuses my internal dialogue. I'm quite athletic so it's just some strange dismorphia thing.

Anyway, your posts resonate with me. welcome aboar. I'm a person born before the 80s so have fallen through the diagnostic crack too

I find it interesting how many aspie women report thinking more like men. I have a different perspective on the issue as I am a trans woman. Obviously, I have always considered my mind to be more female, but looking at some of my interests (science, role playing games, and did someone mention swords?) and my tendancy to systematize things I suppose I also share some of these "male" characteristics.

My experience with the trans community (both online and IRL) has brought me into contact with a number of people on the spectrum. Several of these individuals have been trans women, but more often they have been people assigned female at birth. Some of them identify as men but the vast majority prefer to label themselve agender or gender queer. Frankly, I have never been able to parse the nuance of these deffinitions save to say that they do not feel they have a place in the gender binary as it is socially defined. Some of them persue hormone treatment or other medical interventions, but many of them don't. It would be interesting to gather some statistics in regard to this penomena to see what the prevelance really is.

I was born in 1981 but still, was of the generation that slipped through the cracks. You have raised many interesting points. I have always found other females to be petty and in many cases, manipulative. With most of my (overall few) friends I have experienced them falling out with me for reasons I still don't get, then they will suddenly act normal again. I used to have a female housemate, and when that happened it could make for some very awkward times. Also re: the body language, I never thought about it until about 15 years ago. Then I had an aquaintance who was studying body language as part of her degree, and she noted that I had hostile and 'odd' body language, with pretty much everyone. She told me some tips to tone things down and I can only remember a couple of them but it did help me a little, even though I was pissed off with her advice at the time.

New Threads

Top Bottom