• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Longest you have went being single

Well, considering that my only previous relationship ended in 2006, despite my attempts to fix it since...my current total is almost 9 years.

I have been single almost exactly one year now (In that time I have been on three dates with three different Women, none which went anywhere). I do not say this to brag; I am quite introverted so it is indeed a miracle of sorts that I had those three dates in the past year.

My last real, long-term girlfriend broke up with me about 1-Year ago via email basically stating, (Paraphrased):"I am sorry to end this... I really like you... But... I need to be with someone with less problems than me."

Now, she and I discussed the strong possibility that she also had Aspergers (She believed she did, I believed she did) and she openly admitted early on of having Borderline Personality Disorder (With a history of social problems at work and "blowing up" on people.) I also have Borderline Personality Disorder, so I am not quite sure what else she was she was alluding to. I also have Depression. Was that it? Not sure.

I was actually not very upset that she broke up with me, surprisingly; It was the manner in which she ended the relationship: Through an email. :expressionless:

Now, I am single. I do wonder when I will have another relationship again.

I never considered myself relationship material. I tried spending a lot of time with a divorced guy I found attractive last year, I didn't enjoy it. I guess we're still on good terms, though he's probably wondering why I never answer his texts or talk to him.

I had my first relationship at 24, but it just lasted 5 months. Then I had another one that lasted for a year. I have been single must of my life.

I am glad that you have now found happines annonimous, it comes in many different forms.

we aspies may only need the occasional company.

I shall entice potential mates with my epic awkwardness, cringeworthy social gaffes, and dazzle them executing a Triple Klutz on a completely flat surface. I am a Galaxy Class nerdette, with a poindextrous fashion sense. Clearly, I'll have to beat the men off with a stick. ;)

My late hubby passed 6 years ago, and I miss nurturing, caring for, and loving someone dear to my heart. Being single affords me the ability to really get my quirk on here at home by myself, indulging my special interests, enjoying my routines, and stimming up a storm when I feel like it. Perhaps someday I'll be blessed with another heart to care for. Until then, I'll just laugh at my ongoing unintentional buffoonery. :D

I am glad that you have now found happines annonimous, it comes in many different forms.

we aspies may only need the occasional company.

Ta, Warwick. Not sure I would call it happiness, but maybe contentment from having learned that the social narrative we're fed about romance and partnership doesn't necessarily equate to 'true happiness'. I'm content with the occasional company of friends, and have never been concerned much about a sex life either. It all strikes me as quite convoluted, and I wonder how much of the need to be partnered comes from the social narrative, whether or not it's an innate need for humans at all.

Last edited:
The longest period that I've been single for was between the time when I was born up until age 31, that was when I had my first date and my first relationship. Unfortunately, it didn't last long so now I've been single since that one ended.

I more or less stopped trying in my early forties. Just figured it wasn't something I could make work with much of anyone.

Too bad it was years later that I surmised the "why" of it all...:oops:

3 weeks. Im 30 now and have almost entirely been in relationships since 15 yrs old. I guess its easier for girls?

i had a online distance relationship before. actually was asked out twice. one girl kissed me over messenger. but she made me irritated. one girl i was online dating was from wisconsin. me being single kinda makes me think i wasnt the problem. it was them. kissed 4 women around my area. but does that solve anything,,,, no. was touched before sometimes. all in all i went and spent my time and stress relief running like the devil. it was fun though.

3 weeks. Im 30 now and have almost entirely been in relationships since 15 yrs old. I guess its easier for girls?
no its really bad for the girls. in fact i noticed their anger levels rising. its a shame what they have become. but that doesnt defy them. what makes them unique is style and how they play their role. we have to understand the role in order make up the lost key to their heart. so take this as a word of the oracle from me. its really a roleplay. just figure out what women want. youll see what i mean. also consider complimenting. but stay away from ignorant aholes. so hope this is a word of advice and hope it serves you well. god bless america.

New Threads

Top Bottom