• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Loneliness from a Romanian.

HermanHesse

So this particularly odd podcast talks a lot about what it is like to be lonely and why we are lonely. These seem like all NT people so it's odd because it's so normal.

I'd like to know what you guys think of it. He also talks about how people use the internet to try to not be lonely and fail.

The ending song is by Tom Waits so that's a plus.

I like being alone but I don't like being lonely...

Couldn't put it better myself. It feels like a contradicting feeling when you think of it like that. It also feels a little selfish too like you need people around when it best suits you. It's a complicated feeling.

Personally I emphasize such a contradiction as a reality for many on the spectrum.

That we can crave and loathe human contact in relatively the same time frame. It makes no sense, but that for many of us it's who we are. And not something we have much control over.

A social dynamic that continually complicates our existence.

New Threads

Top Bottom