• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Linguistics

Haven't really seen the film but believe the communist experiment has been widely misinterpreted in the west so many movies had a propaganda element. Basically I think Russia's cultural authoritarianism was simply handed down to the communists but I doubt Lenin ever envisioned such an authoritarian regime. I believe Gorbachev wanted to put all of that right but was overtaken by the pace.
Russia today is non communist but still oppressive. I hear 3 Russian female musicians are facing long time in jail for singing a protest song outside the orthodox Church. More people now protesting on their behalf.
Anyway, I thought I'd paste this:
Синдром Аспергера
This is Russian for asperger syndrome. First word is pronounced Sindrom.

I think Lenin was also overtaken by the pace, and the need to keep hold of his new regime during the civil war, hence War Communism and all of those radical atrocities.

Thanks for the Russian for Asperger's, interesting to see.

I stumbled upon this video on youtube. How Americans sound to British people - YouTube Then I read the comments. Folks were commenting WTF, I can't understand this! My comments were that that was the point of the video. What do you think?

I agree with you that the point of the video is to make the specifics of their discussion incomprehensible by filling them with (imaginary?) colloquialisms. I could certainly get a good sense of the conversation emotionally, and all of the sudden changes were clear, but I had no idea how they went from casual conversation to passionate argument.

It's actually quite like how many aspies view neurotypical conversations, when you think about it. They can identify the basic emotions, but have no idea how they came about.

Thanks for sharing this clip, earthsteward70.

New Threads

Top Bottom