• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Let's Players

Fullmetal

I'm obsessed with Let's Plays. But I've unsubscribed from some channels recently, for being too loud, using extreme slurs, or stagnating (using the same inside jokes for YEARS).

Now, I'm down to four favorites: HarshlyCritical, Lucahjin, Cryaotic and KuuEater.
I only found HarshlyCritical a year ago, but I love his voice, humor and personality, he's such a great guy. I find myself watching and re-watching his videos almost all day.

And Lucahjin is amazing, I'm so grateful she's still around. I've been subbed since 2008. Currently, she is running a point and click adventure series, called Shardlight, with really relaxed commentary. Reminds me of her old style of videos. I highly recommend it.

Anyway, I always like to see a wider variety of games being played, so if anyone has recommendations, please share.
Also interested in more female commentators.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of the let's plays and/or quick looks from Giant Bomb.

I've also recently been mainlining the second season of IGN UK's Prepare to Try; season 1 covered Dark Souls, while season 2 is centered around Dark Souls III. It's hilarious, but maybe you'd want to avoid it if you're not a fan of profanity.

Profanity is fine with me; Harsh and Cry especially will swear when stressed or perturbed.

KuuEater did some Dark Souls videos. Kuu is not much of a Souls player, but his friend Noxy is rather knowledgeable, which makes them the perfect duo for humorous situations. Great editing and comedic timing, but lots of swearing.

Last edited:
My favorite lets player is RoahmMythril on youtube - especially if you like Mega Man and other older games. It is very relaxing to watch and he is funny and very meticulous with the way he plays games. The only problem I have is that a lot of the games he plays don't interest me a great deal, but in general he is my favorite to watch.

Profanity is fine with me; Harsh and Cry especially will swear when stressed or perturbed.

KuuEater did some Dark Souls videos. Kuu is not much of a Souls player, but his friend Noxy is rather knowledgeable, which makes them the perfect duo for humorous situations. Great editing and comedic timing, but lots of swearing.

If that's something you're into then you should definitely give Prepare to Try a go as it sounds incredibly similar; the guy playing is by no means a Souls veteran, then there's one guy trying to use his expertise to advise and assist him and a third guy there for comedic effect.

Hilarity ensues.

My favorite lets player is RoahmMythril on youtube - especially if you like Mega Man and other older games. It is very relaxing to watch and he is funny and very meticulous with the way he plays games.
I do love older games. I'll check him out.

If that's something you're into then you should definitely give Prepare to Try a go as it sounds incredibly similar; the guy playing is by no means a Souls veteran, then there's one guy trying to use his expertise to advise and assist him and a third guy there for comedic effect.
Yeah, I love seeing mentor & apprentice roles in gaming videos. I'm on Episode 15 now... I didn't expect to become enamored with the series, but I did. Thanks for the suggestion :D

Last edited:
My own favorites are:

Deceased Crab, one of the LPers who has been around the longest (WAY before the idea got at all popular, even before most people knew what an LP even is). Is very random in what games he does, though they tend to be older games (as in, retro, for example one LP of his that's a favorite of mine is Mappy Land on the NES), or indie stuffs. His most well-known series is La-Mulana.

One F Jef, his LPs are all of PC games, and they tend to be of things like Mount & Blade, Dwarf Fortress (adventure mode), or some tactics games. He does LONG series (like M & B is, what, like 90 freaking videos?) and I love his commentary and sense of humor. Has a tendancy to screw up in situations where it seems impossible to lose. His actual gameplay as a rule is a huge part of the comedy, not just his commentary. Unfortunately, he sorta vanished (went to Twitch, which irritates me to no end, I hate that bloody site) and is no longer putting out videos, but there's about a squillion of them already on his channel to watch.

HCBailey, he does alot of JRPGs, usually older ones. Normally, this isnt a genre I at all like. But his commentary really works for me and he can make even that genre enjoyable to at least watch for me. He's good at explaining stuff.

DasTactic, he does tons of strategy games of all sorts. He's the most calm of the four, and is REALLY good at explaining everything he's doing. I've often used his LPs as a way to help me learn certain strategy games (the type with bad tutorials, or huge amounts of complexity, or both).

All four of these guys arent loud/screamy, and tend not to swear much (DC refuses to swear whatsoever). Both of which are traits that I consider very admirable, though I dont actually have a problem with swearing/loudness. Well, swearing can get annoying when someone goes really overboard.

I also watch NorthernLion (Issac, and even more Isaac) and Markiplier (particularly when he does horror games).

New Threads

Top Bottom