• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Leaving Home

C

Chris

How old were you when you left home? I realise a lot of aspies are independant on their lifestyle, though support from family still seems to be welcome in regards to food, washing, that kind of thing - that some dyspraxic's may struggle with... So were you any later leaving home than usual because of that, or for those that did leave later, was it just your choice?

I realise a lot of younger users may not have left home yet, that's fine... I haven't either. Just wondering. :)

Edit (Willow): Except I kind of have, since I practically live at Willow's, for all intents and purposes lol.

i'm still living at family home with both my parents and my twin brother thoguh my twin brother has different special needs to mine he also requires alot of care too as he is deafblind ( totally blind,partically deaf) he has hearing aids he very idependant but still restricted in alot of things he love to do like myself can get frustrating i don't know when i'll feel ready to move out as when you always have something hard to tell how much you've improved i'd be paranoid and anxious if lived on my own as i get scared and worried now about people breaking into my house in real fear of mine get scared close my eyes and drift off! i determined to live independently one day just not yet i have to accept that even though hard as struggle to cope and havn't got daily living skills alot are missing or lacked due to the mix of AS and dyspraxia together makes tasks twice as difficult to overcome .... so frustrating never ends..... even if i lived on my own i need some kind of supported living so people need pop in and out i need to learn skills washing machine,cooking alot is down to anxiety and low self esteem adds to work effort needed to put in but i won't be beaten to it .... I WILL do it!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom