• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last thing you ate

Wow!!! I can only imagine the kind of gastric disturbance that would cause. That would make Mt. Vesuvius sound like a mere fire cracker.:eek:

You would think so, wouldn't you? Actually it is very, very good. I got a couple of bags of 15 bean soup beans and medium sized bone-in ham. I cut most of the meat off of the ham and cut into 1 inch pieces. Soak the beans in water over night. Rinse beans. Put ham bone, pieces of ham and beans in a big pot. Fill pot up with chicken broth and cook slowly for about 8 to 10 hours. Season to taste. I use salt, pepper and garlic. You will not be disappointed.

I think I'll see about getting the ingredients the next time I subject myself to the indignities of Walmart. However, I'll use a turkey substitute for the ham since I'm allergic to pork. It does all sorts of odd things to me, so I use turkey bacon, turkey ham, etc. It sucks, too, because I like the taste of ham. It sounds like the perfect concoction for the crock-pot.

I took the plunge a few months ago to try a pound of ground turkey, to use exclusively as taco meat. Mixed with with the appropriate taco seasonings, and voila! Looks a bit lighter in color, though for taste it seems like the ultimate substitute for beef. And far less grease to impact my reflux as does pork. Though I still buy sliced Black Forest Ham.

Actually I think clg114's suggestion to try it in a crock pot might be just the thing. Go for it...let us know how it works out. ;)

black-forest-organic-candy-drops-4oz-525x600.png

Poached egg on buttered steamed cavolo nero, sourdough bread and yeast extract, frozen banana with creme fraîche

Last edited:
Quorn with a ready-made Keralan curry sauce, bread and tomato salad (aka panzanella), followed by an apple.

I took the plunge a few months ago to try a pound of ground turkey, to use exclusively as taco meat. Mixed with with the appropriate taco seasonings, and voila! Looks a bit lighter in color, though for taste it seems like the ultimate substitute for beef. And far less grease to impact my reflux as does pork. Though I still buy sliced Black Forest Ham.

Actually I think clg114's suggestion to try it in a crock pot might be just the thing. Go for it...let us know how it works out. ;)
I think I saw on the TV programme was fish tacos ,never tasted it but I think that will be good for oesophageal reflux

I think I saw on the TV programme was fish tacos ,never tasted it but I think that will be good for oesophageal reflux

Stands to reason in my case, although fish tacos have never interested me. Even fried fish and shrimp have never given me reflux. Nor french fries or fried onion rings.

But fried or roast chicken? Might as well eat battery acid. Go figure.

Another Friday, and I'm having turkey tacos tonight. :)

Doro Wat, spinach & chickpea pie, green salad and pita bread. Good food was eaten this day.

Stands to reason in my case, although fish tacos have never interested me. Even fried fish and shrimp have never given me reflux. Nor french fries or fried onion rings.

It is odd how different foods can cause reflux in different people. For me it is tomato's or dish's made with tomato's. My wife is the same way. We only eat pizza made with white sauce.

There is a place here that sells "vicious fish tacos" (tacos made out of vicious fish?). To me, fish tacos does not sound to good. But I keep hearing how good they are, so I tried one. They are delicious! They are so good that I think that I may try to make them at home. But before I do, I have to get my wife to try them.

I had fishfingers again ,I get sick of the low-cholesterol diet love to have a takeaway

New Threads

Top Bottom