• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

just needing a little support right now

Dragon's Tooth

Last night I didn't sleep. I think I got about four hours of sleep.

The reason is to do with my volunteer work. For a while I thought that we were coming together and turning into a functional unit. Then last night out of no where it all fell apart. This was my social outlet and my good deed for the community.

There is a small group of us that want to reform into a new group and move forward to continue our work, most likely separate to the organization we had been working with. Already some friends have left and probably won't be able to be convinced to help out with the reforming of the group.

I guess its just taken away something that was a bit stable in life and I just need to vent. There is a lot going on and its a bit hard to process. The three options I can see our group having for moving forward are going to be a ton of work and I worry there isn't the commitment there.

I worry because we were involved with an animal charity and the only option if we stop working in our community is for a lot of dogs and cats to loose their lives. I worry because something that was so stable for me is now falling apart. I worry because we need a strong leader and I'm not sure if we have that. I would step up but I don't know if I can commit that much.

I guess I'm just mostly upset because in the space of about an hour everything just went belly up and I don't know why.

Okay vent over .... hopefully this will help me calm down and deal.

Sorry that this happened. I completely understand your frustrations - I hate it when there is any change in something that could also provide as a social outlet. Have you talked to anyone and asked if they would be willing to help reform the group with you? It's worth a shot because there might be someone who might be feeling the same thing. Hope this advice helps.

I worry because we were involved with an animal charity and the only option if we stop working in our community is for a lot of dogs and cats to loose their lives. I worry because something that was so stable for me is now falling apart. I worry because we need a strong leader and I'm not sure if we have that. I would step up but I don't know if I can commit that much.

I guess I'm just mostly upset because in the space of about an hour everything just went belly up and I don't know why.

Just do as much as you can, for those animals. It would be sad if those animals do not have a good home, just because of stupid human decisions. They are innocent :(

I really hope, though, it was a rash decision on the rest of the team's part, and the team will come back together.

But at the same time, just recognise your limits, and do as much as you can for those animals.

Big hug!

applejack_hug_by_c_h_loboguerrero_c-d4ylcjh.png

Have you talked to anyone and asked if they would be willing to help reform the group with you? It's worth a shot because there might be someone who might be feeling the same thing. Hope this advice helps.

I and Tigris (another user here on AC) did just that, when I faced similar issues in my local support group. Despite turbulence, I can say it's doing ok for now.

a small group of us are setting up our own rescue group for animals. Its just in the middle of the fall out you can get a bit up set lol

there is going to be a lot of challenges ahead for us but I think it will be a good experience ... at least for the CV!!

I have been working with another animal rescue group who turned out to be the ones we were fighting to save the animals from ... at least the "head office" vollys in another city.

So the rest of us walked away and it was rather sudden. We are setting up on our own now and its going to certainly be different.

you know we aspies don't do the change thing lol. I was just settling into a fundraising coordinator role with the last crowd and starting to enjoy it when this happened. But being one of the founding members of a new rescue group will be a new start. We have learned how not to do it ... now we can do it right.

thanks for your help guys :)

Thinking of you Dragons tooth and wishing you all the best in your new venture. I know that change isn't easy to adjust to but you are always welcome to turn to us for support when ever you need. Please let us know how you get on with your exciting new project.

We look forward to more smiles ahead in your animal project. After all, a smile makes the world goes round...

New Threads

Top Bottom