• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just excited

Deliquescent

I'm really just excited and wanted to share with people who actually understand. I just got off the phone with a guy I talked to last 16 years ago. We have a romantic history but we were in our mid teens and it's been a lifetime since that - 20 years ago. He lives over 700 miles away. He is the only person in my entire life that accepted me for me, and he actually knew me and not the face I show people now. I wanted a friend like that again, and a safe one - one that won't try to push me into a relationship because he's no where near here. And even if he did want a relationship I can't think of a better one at this point where I can keep my space and routines. I messaged him today on Facebook totally not expecting a reply and tonight we're talking on the phone. I actually enjoyed that conversation, it only got quiet a few times but it was okay. I did near the end start to blab about what I believe about after death, ugh I don't even know how I got in that topic but really? You haven't talked to this guy in 16 years and you talk about this? And of course once you start you can't really take it back so you have to complete the thought and try to make it not weird. If you're me you fail at that too.

But he just messaged me that it was nice talking to me and we'll talk soon. So that's a bonus, at least I didn't totally freak him it yet.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for sharing. I still care about all the people in my life that I've ever truly connected with. I just got my diagnosis, and I've spent so much time recently making sense of everything. The thing is, all the people I've ever been fond of; all have clear non-NT traits.

New Threads

Top Bottom