• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just a question

ais89ggs

Has anyone been having any discussion issues with anyone on the forum? I seemed to have had a big issue with someone (no names, no screen names) and I was spoken to like a child. I am 50-plus years old and I'm not about to take any of that.

I haven't had this on this forum though i have on others. My best suggestion would either be to put this member on ignore or bring it up with a staff team member.

I would like to say welcome, but judging by your post, I think it is not a good idea :(

I personally have not had issues, but know that many aspies have and even stopped using this forum, which is such a shame, because you can get in touch with the moderaters and leave it to them to sort out.

It is most understandable that you do not wish to be spoken to like a child. No adult would!

Maybe I am just lucky but no one here has been ugly to me, and I have not a soul blocked.
I am grateful for how nice people have been here and I hope it never changes.

Besides if someone is short with you... They might be having a really tough time, or they just might be showing AS/ASD temperament that we can all have sometimes. Also in print things can sometimes look testy or ugly when often that was never the case.

I have went back and re-read some of my own posts thinking oh crap... That sounds horrible, and I will try and edit it real quick or just apologize and go on.

I'm here to be with people like me, this is all I have... So I'm not going to start wrecking a good thing.
Please take up your issues in private with the admin. if you have an issue or like Keigan, Kisa, and Xudo said, just block them. : )

As others have said, ignore would be useful in this situation, or speak to a moderator.
I've not experienced that type of issue with anyone on this site. The people I have had direct communication with have been very kind and respectful.
If a user says something on the forum that I don't like I just choose not to engage with that person. I've never had to use ignore.

Was it me? I generally have a way with words that seems to bug the masses. My advice: Block me as well. :D

Last edited:
Was it me? I generally have a way with words that seems to bug the masses. My advice: Block me as well. :D

I think I have you beat on bugging others. That makes me wonder if anyone has used the ignore function on me.

Concerning the OP: Most people on this site aren't like that, at least not intentionally. @Chance is right that we are a group of people with social difficulties. It could have been unintentional. Either way, don't let one bad apple ruin your enjoyment of this site.

I've never had to use the ignore and would probably report a repeat offender to a moderator first.
If I felt offended I would say something like maybe we just see things differently or words were misunderstood and let it pass unless it keeps happening.
So far nothing like that has happened though.
I've enjoyed it here and usually around every night.

The people on my ignore have the follow traits:
- low post count or was their first and only post which was offensive or against the rules
- almost no karma
- negative disposition

Or

- they have ignored me and it is advantageous for both of us

For myself the ignore helps to reduce the distractions, while posting is not a direct contact activity I take it very seriously as an extension of who I am, so I frequently put a lot of myself into the representation - which can be exhausting at times.

I would like to say welcome, but judging by your post, I think it is not a good idea :(

I personally have not had issues, but know that many aspies have and even stopped using this forum, which is such a shame, because you can get in touch with the moderaters and leave it to them to sort out.

It is most understandable that you do not wish to be spoken to like a child. No adult would!
Welcome to you. :) There's only one that's been a problem and I've got them blocked or ignored. I like all of the people I have interacted with on here except for one of course.

There's only one that's been a problem and I've got them blocked or ignored. I like all of the people I have interacted with on here except for one of course.

Best to block them, and/or not respond. BTW if someone has no posts at all but attempts to engage you in private chat, it's usually a red flag. End the conversation by 'leave conversation' at the top of the private messaging. I think it might be the same person for both of us. They had no posts so I didn't respond.

Last edited:
Use the 'ignore' function. It works surprisingly well. You can also get in contact with a staff member, and from there I assure you the problem will get sorted out quickly.

New Threads

Top Bottom