• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is that a normal response?

megacomic

Just that awkward guy.
My friends grandma passed away and I saw her crying.I dont think she told anyone else about her grandma passing. So I comforted her while she was crying and told her I cared about her and now she is avoiding me. She's been communicating with all of our other friends but ignores me. I don't know what I did wrong. I'm starting to get angry.

I would venture to suggest she misunderstood your attempt at sympathy as: I care about you, translates: I have romantic feelings for you.

If she knows you have aspergers, she ought to realise you meant it in the purist sense.

I would venture to suggest she misunderstood your attempt at sympathy as: I care about you, translates: I have romantic feelings for you.

If she knows you have aspergers, she ought to realise you meant it in the purist sense.

That was my first thought too. If she's got that impression then it might look to her like you were trying to take advantage of her grief. There could be other explanations though.

Back in the 70's they had these Bop bags you could order in the Sears catalog, etc. Maybe they have something similar today.

punch_mes_inflatable_punching_bags_70s.jpg

The only way to find out what you did wrong is to ask her

The experience of grieving is a very stressful and disturbing mental state of mind for anyone. One of the affects of deep seated grief is one's own confusion in relation to one's environment. What people say and how others act and react can be very ambiguous. I'm sure your intentions, although most admirable, was misunderstood. Don't let your own response of rejection cloud the main issue. Attempt to evaluate and relate to her perspective, considering the circumstances in which the misunderstanding occurred, then provide a more clear explanation. If she still rejects you, then at least you made an honest effort to remedy and can gain personal closure.

thanks guys. I simply decided to delete her number from my phone and not talk to her anymore.

New Threads

Top Bottom