• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it just me? youngness in aspie girls

Lynnemarie

i just wanted to ask other aspie girls on here, whether you feel young inside too?
I've always been alot younger than my peers... and as i get older the worse and more apparent it gets. do you have the same problem?
Lynne

I do. I often feel like I am so much younger and have been told I look a lot younger than being 31yrs old. I think a lot of us feel that way. We tend to be friends or deal with people better who are younger than us or older than us by quite a bit it seems. I know that's not for everyone though. I think it kinda comes with the territory. Its becomes very obvious in situations in a group of peers but not so much one on one always.

I feel much younger than 47y and I've often been told I look younger too. Sometimes I act much younger too, e.g. I love to run around the backyard with a friend and a couple of super soaker water pistols. :bounce:

I'm 19, but people who don't know that think I'm about 16. I like things associated with childhood, like cartoons (especially Disney) and children's books. (I always go to the children's section of the library.) I also still sleep with a stuffed animal that someone gave me when I was 11. Like manca, I don't see it as a problem either. It's just the way I am.

i understand what your all saying. i suppose because i've tried to hide my youngness and cause my masked cracked... now i've got to try and get on with the real me and my parents hate it... so its very difficult. i look 16... but i'm 24 - and this definitely gets worse as i'm getting older :( but i act young too soo people just assume i'm still in school! which is a bit of an insult to mes considering i went to Uni!

I don't particularly feel young. I've always been precocious kid and would say I've pretty mature views now. I'm still spontaneous and like to go playing occasionally too, but not all of the time so the charm won't be lost. But I've spent most of my time with younger people, for same aged/older who still act like teens just won't do and most people are like that, lack of intelligence is easier to handle from younger people as they still have more potential to grow wise.
I don't either dress childish or girly in that way, which seems to be what many do. Nor auntish, just comfortably.

New Threads

Top Bottom