• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is Disney's the Lion Guard a follow up/Sequel to the Lion King?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I nearly bought the DVD from Tesco earlier but had to put it back because after my food shopping I didn't have the loot for it.

It is sort of, its a short movie about simbas son it was showing on disney jr, my kids watched it. I think they plan on making a series about it to follow on from it.

I've seen snippets from the pilot episode/movie and the TV show, and the impression I get is that the series is supposed to be a "midquel" of sorts, since it appears to take place between the events of movies 1 and 2.

If it is indeed a midquel about Simba's son, there's a bit of a continuity error on Disney's part--Actually, there already is. The very last scene in the first film shows Rafiki presenting what appears to be a male cub, however in the sequel, we find it is actually a female--Kiara.

UPDATE--Just checked Wikipedia. Apparently, The Lion Guard is about Simba and Nala's 2nd born son named Kion, so it is, in fact, a sequel to the first film, and a midquel taking place during the events of Lion King II.

^Yeah, something like that.

I watched the TV movie introducing it and it was so weird. The Lion King II showed Kiara both as a cub and an adult, but there was no Kion. In the new series they've also changed Kiara's personality for whatever reason. I can't accept this show as canon.

^Yeah, something like that.

I watched the TV movie introducing it and it was so weird. The Lion King II showed Kiara both as a cub and an adult, but there was no Kion. In the new series they've also changed Kiara's personality for whatever reason. I can't accept this show as canon.

Maybe Kion was an afterthought as far as the writers are concerned. Not sure what made them think that. I would've had Kion as Kiara and Kovu's son, instead. Then, there wouldn't be as big an issue with the continuity.

Anyway...

Leave it to Disney to take a franchise that was, and still is, one of my all-time favorites, and totally screw it up.

New Threads

Top Bottom