• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing Me

Is Aspergers Syndrome (or Autismn) a curse or blessing for you?

• Blessing

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Curse

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Hello Leah,
Your story is touching. I went most of my life not knowing what was "Wrong". I was misdiagnosed several times, as nobody knew what Aspergers was back then. It has been both a curse and a blessing for me. When a curse, it is the darkest thing one could ever imagine. I dare not even tell anyone what I see. When a blessing, it is the brightest, happiest world full of sunshine, flowers and rainbows.
I was glad you shared your story, and I am glad that you found us. I love your energy and look forward to hearing from you again. Thank You.
Thanks :) I feel like I'm grateful to have aspergers but it's hard when you have bad days.

That'd be awesome! I'd love to get to know your story!

Well, to start it all off, my youngest aunt knew I had autism before the rest of my family did. My grandma told me a couple of days ago that at first, she thought I was a sloth and that I was lazy. My dad suspected I had autism when I was about me and no one considered getting me tested for it... I didn't get diagnosed until March of this past year when I was 16. However, no one told me I had a depressive disorder until my grandma allowed me to look at the papers that the psychologist gave to her (which was back about a few weeks ago). I found out I also have post traumatic stress disorder and atypical depression along with Asperger's and I got upset that my grandparents didn't tell me and they were mad at me for even looking at the papers. I mean what's so wrong with that? I need to know at some point or another, don't I? o_O

New Threads

Top Bottom