• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Interests from childhood that you never really got over

nintendogurl1990

From preschool until the present time I've listened to Kidsongs. In fact, I have more songs on my iPod from Kidsongs than any other artist. I really like them. Do any of you have any special intrests from your childhood that you still like today?

Obviously I've always been obsessed with balloons, but in all honesty Ive never got over the Basil Brush thing and I dont think I ever will, embarassing as it may be...:)

Dinosaurs still fascinate me. When I was a kid there were only books - no toys that I can recall, no documentaries that brought them back to life through computer-generated-imaging. So there is plenty these days to keep the interest going.

Horses are something I have always been obsessed with. And weather, particularly tornadoes. I am also fascinated by large construction equipment and love to watch it in action.

Anything mechanical or electrical/electronics. Fortunately I have been able to integrate these things into my career much to my advantage. I remember taking toy trucks apart at age 4 and at 5 I took a broken washing machine apart. My mother especially, encouraged me and bought me tools and took me to hardware stores and auto garages and other interesting places.

Guns & Cars...

but my absolute best has to be LEGO, its great having kids because every christmas and birthday i spend hours building up my sons lego :p

My major interest has and will always be making music. I officially started when I was 5 and only had one year where I stopped. Before I was five my brother had started playing in orchestra and he would help me make sounds on his cello. : ) I still remember it vividly.

Im not on the autism spectrum...but Pokemon. I still play the games all the way from the original red and blue to the new black and white!

My husband is OBSESSED with warhammer 40 K, and nerf guns.

When I was younger I went to Space Camp. Um, twice. That should say enough.
Also it's fair to say I never outgrew toys.

I think my obsessions never really go away. It's like Katamari Damacy. I just accumulate and accumulate...
Maybe someday I'll be able to build a star!

A certain actor who will go nameless accompanied me through childhood and I still like to watch his movies and google him. Also, Transformers to a lesser extent, although I tend to find my interest in Transformers is limited to a particular character.

I have had a passion for art throughout my entire life. In fact, one of the earliest photographs of me (which I believe was taken when I was between the ages of 2 - 4) was of me finger-painting. Virtually all of my special interests have had something to do with art, whether directly or indirectly - especially in the sense that they inspire me to do my own artwork based on them. Although I actually have a natural gift for writing, I much prefer drawing and painting. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Art and Cartoons. I'm 20 now and I still watch kids cartoons. I don't care if people think its weird, and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. And like I said, art as well. From the time I could walk and talk, I've been drawing. My grandmother has a painting I made of her old red truck that I made when I was 4. I also distinctly remember drawing a horse around that time as well. I've always had a sketchbook on hand, and I still spend time drawing when I'm in the mood.

Teletubbies... I'm nearly 18 and I still watch them sometimes. Also, I still have my Teletubbies toys from when I was a kid and I can't bring myself to part with them, especially my Laa-Laa doll.
I still enjoy playing with bath toys too, like squirters. I usually take showers now, but when I have a bath I like to take a rubber duck or two in with me. Sometimes I might take my old frog, shark or dinosaur toys in the bath with me too.

Same as what some other people said, Art. I've drawn since I was a toddler, and for the longest time I was the best artist I knew. Even as a little kid I was better at drawing than my dad, and its still something that I do when I find the time. I also like writing things, which I suppose is related to that. Then, manga and anime has interested me too. Ever since I started watching Pokemon when I was in first Grade [I still remember that the first episode I ever saw was the one where Metapod evolves into Butterfree]. It's always been my dream to become a comic book artist, or at least a fiction author.

I also still watch cartoons like some people said, although I try to watch ones I think were done well [for example, I like Avatar, which I think is one of the best cartoons ever made, but I didn't like Winx Club at all, because the dialogue is terrible, and the plot sucks. Basically, as long as the people making it actually put some effort into it, I'll probably like it].

Sharks! They still interest me so much but in a less child-like way now. Iv got that special interest suppressed pretty well, though

New Threads

Top Bottom