• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

In ASD style... what turns you on, what wakes you up inside?

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
This is what turns me on...

For me its intelligent people, who are young inside
People with a passion, a desire that goes far past "normal"
People who see past religions, money, and power, to something far greater
Days when I wake up not foggy, not confused, not angry, just happy
Days when I'm not upset and the words and my thoughts line up and I smile
Long quiet times where its just me, being me
Fast cars, a really fast car, on long open empty road, but I have to drive :)
Water, mountains, nature, and a cabin in the woods
The smell of water hitting fresh cut grass, or rain hitting the ground on a hot day
The feeling when I am kayaking and its a little out of control, but its nothing that will kill me
When I remember to appreciate LiFe and be grateful for the opportunity to experience it
Those rare moments when clarity shows up just to let me KNOW everything is ok
The biggest thing that turns me on... Is to refuse to give all the negative stuff in me, the ability to crush me over and over again.

I made a promise to myself when I was very young, no human will put out the spark inside me, not then, not now, not ever.

I came here to lift people up, never to tear them down. It seems in order to do that you have to be ripped to shreds, so you will never do that to someone else.

ASD isnt always some curse... Sometimes its a gift that some people despise.
I am sometimes embarrassed by the stigma of ASD, but never ashamed that I was born this way.

Have a great aspie day and find something good to focus on, it food for our souls and they get hungry too.

i see far greater days because of Yeshua (Jesus)
but of you DONT like religion
so IM not saying more
This is what turns me on...

For me its intelligent people, who are young inside
People with a passion, a desire that goes far past "normal"
People who see past religions, money, and power, to something far greater
Days when I wake up not foggy, not confused, not angry, just happy
Days when I'm not upset and the words and my thoughts line up and I smile
Long quiet times where its just me, being me
Fast cars, a really fast car, on long open empty road, but I have to drive :)
Water, mountains, nature, and a cabin in the woods
The smell of water hitting fresh cut grass, or rain hitting the ground on a hot day
The feeling when I am kayaking and its a little out of control, but its nothing that will kill me
When I remember to appreciate LiFe and be grateful for the opportunity to experience it
Those rare moments when clarity shows up just to let me KNOW everything is ok
The biggest thing that turns me on... Is to refuse to give all the negative stuff in me, the ability to crush me over and over again.

I made a promise to myself when I was very young, no human will put out the spark inside me, not then, not now, not ever.

I came here to lift people up, never to tear them down. It seems in order to do that you have to be ripped to shreds, so you will never do that to someone else.

ASD isnt always some curse... Sometimes its a gift that some people despise.
I am sometimes embarrassed by the stigma of ASD, but never ashamed that I was born this way.

Have a great aspie day and find something good to focus on, it food for our souls and they get hungry too.

i see far greater days because of Yeshua (Jesus)
but of you DONT like religion
so IM not saying more

I'm cool with it "street" : )
HE was one of the greatest teachers, if not the greatest teachers to ever grace this planet.
I have no bones with Yeshua, none what so ever... I KNOW his teachings, (I also KNOW the teaching s from the other great ancients of old). I KNOW where they come from... I KNOW they are always the same, just different people, places, times, and social settings... And its the social settings and the cultural beliefs that make everything seem so different, when its not.

Thats my whole beef with religion... people worship an external deity and they know nothing about him, what he taught, the mechanics of what made the miracles work, etc. They know the external story of basically 3 years of his life. Many people used it as this get out of hell free card. That whole concept bothers me profoundly.

I dont hate religion, I just hate how its misused. I'm extremely open minded on this subject. I am passionate about it, because it is the core of my inner most existence. I just reach past the religious stuff. There is so much more to this than I can even begin to post. I have literally 1000s of pages of notes I have written and tried to organize over the last 20 years or so. Yeshua is a huge part of my life, the greek Jesus and the government religion made from his murder, not so much. He was killed for what he taught. He was disrupting the power men had gained from religion. I will be glad to talk on this for days my friend. Its my deepest passion. I just don't want to offend people. I studied for a very long time at a very deep level and a lot of times people seem to get offended because they think I am trying to be a smart ass, when its just the very opposite... The ASD gets me in trouble because I suck at communicating what I love the most.

IMG_8169.JPG
Many things, but I feel like sharing this today :).

gaining insight,
precision,
skill based activities,
harmony in symmetry, order and patterns,
predictability,
silence,
being able to use my talents in a way i feel i have contributed something

learning and opening my mind to new things
good stories & discovering/telling/reading/watching them
calm, rainy days
precision
having done something well
places that i think are beautiful like botanical gardens, scrublands, the woods, ponds - especially at night and after/during rain
when i go somewhere, especially a public place, that is usually bustling with activity, and it's the same as it always is, except nobody's there but me
finding a place where i feel at home

To get the opportunity to look at something I may consider perfection. Or at least being really appreciative of the work and attention to detail that's gone into something.

To get the opportunity to look at something I may consider perfection. Or at least being really appreciative of the work and attention to detail that's gone into something.

Excellent post!!! I pour my guts into everything I do. I have sort of given up on "perfection," it makes me crazy. However, no matter what I do, I want it to be the very best I have within me.

This has gotten me into trouble actually. I take too long. I study it too much, but when it is finally finished.
I can walk away and have an inner pride, that I gave it all I had. I see so many people just half assing LIFE, that truly twists my mind into a confusion that I cant understand.

I have to work twice as hard mentally to even pull something like this off... It makes me a little upset that others don't have to struggle, and they waste all that energy that we have to struggle to make it through a normal day most the time.

New Threads

Top Bottom