• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm Starting Job Training Program

AdultAspie69

Starting a new job training program near where I live the wednesday after Christmas.
Rather nervous about it because I've never worked before. It's mostly to find out if I'm capable of working, before getting a real job.

It's an assembly line job in a warehouse, where companies bring there products to be labeled and repackaged for sale. Not sure if I will be able to keep up because I have some dexterity issues with my hands if I try to go too fast, and the social issues, and the noise issues.

I will also be learning to do job interviews and resume' creation although I don't have any work experience to put on a resume'.

At least I will be getting paid minimum wage during the training process. But I'm worried about it causing problems with my disability benefits. It's going to be 6 or 7 hours a day, 5 days a week, which will be putting me over the 26 hours a week limit.

Hoping this will work out.

I hope that it does work out for you! Getting back to work was huge for my self-esteem and well being. I even managed to find a career that I can do pretty well. Remember, if this opportunity does not work, you will eventually find one that will. I am 40 and on my 4th career. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom