• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm sort of new to the group.

Hello, my name is Horselover Fat if anyone knows anything about SF then you will get the reference. I was diagnosed with Autism two years ago. I was very nervous to put anything on here, even though I've been a member for a year now. This is my first post. I like my solitude, yet wish I had more like minded friends. It's very difficult for me to find friends.I usually put my foot in my mouth. When I first heard about Autism was from my psychiatrist. Me and my family were having a discussion with her when she mentioned I might have it. She said I picked up the traits of each parent when they were speaking. In other words I would mimic their speach patterns. I didn't know I was doing it.

Welcome to A.C.

I wasn't sure if SF meant San Francisco or science fiction, but googling suggested the latter. I have not read PKD, but I liked his movies, Impostor & Next.

Last edited:
Hi, Horselover Fat. I'm glad you have chosen to break your silence and join in. (But it's also OK to just listen when you need to.)

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums. :)

(P.S. My husband is a Philip K Dick reader, too... He'd appreciate your reference.)

Welcome Horselover, I find that this group has helped me very much feel like there are people in the world like me. I am a great mimic, and chameleon, but I have never in my life had so many people who thought the way I do. I hope you post a lot, the aspie mind is a quite inspiring one. Have a great day.

Cos', how do you add a profile link to your message, like you did here?

Simply type the @ symbol in front of the name. As you start typing the name a teeny pop up list of names will appear and you can select the name from there. The profile link will show up once you post.

New Threads

Top Bottom