• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm here!

Ericho

My name is Eric Stevenson and I have diagnosed with Aspberger's syndrome for years. While I have managed to make friends, what I really want that I've never had before is a girlfriend. I am 25. I was hoping people here could help me with this. I've tried PlentyOfFish, but never got any response.

Hi Ericho, welcome to Aspiescentral

While we of course can't guarantee anything, I hope you find some advice to help you along the way

Welcome Eric :)

I hope you find what you are looking for. All the best in your pursuit for love.

Heya Eric. Im new to the site as well. Saw your post and wanted to reply.

Dating is difficult for anyone. Truly. It's even more difficult for someone with Asperger's Syndrome. A website that might work better for Aspie's is Geeks Dream Girl (Im too new to post a link in forums. sorry. but you should be able to find the site from this) The people who run the site will also (for a small fee) help you write a bio that highlights the awesomeness that is you.

Even if you don't self identify as a nerd, this is a great place to start. Many many 'nerds' are along the Autistic Spectrum, or exhibit behaviors typically associated with it, i.e., narrowly focused interests, social awkwardness, inability to read body language or physical cues, lack of subtext, etc. Girls who are nerds, and are looking for nerd-boys are well versed in these behaviors and will likely be far more understanding. Plus, I think 'nerd' is a broad term that refers to anyone who truly, deeply loves one activity or subject. I no longer think it only refers to the D&D crowd - though, D&D is AWESOME! So, don't let the name of the site freak you out.

I am an NT (Neuro-Typical), and am engaged to a man with Asperger's. I love the way his brain works. I love the way he sees the world. He is completely without guile, is a genius, is silly, and wonderful. I want all Aspies to find someone who loves and appreciates them because of how they are wired, not in spite of it.

Good luck out there!

--Kaffeen

New Threads

Top Bottom