• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"If you were on the spectrum, you'd know it" ???

This happened to me. The psychologist almost laughed at me by my "stupid" thinking of me having ASD. Even though I brought with me a lot of paperwork of traits in females.

I never went back. I think that a lot of psychologist say they are "experienced" with autism, but are not. Maybe they are experienced with children og low functioning. I don´t know.

I think you should google psychologist with experience in autism- females (adults) in your area. You can email pcyhologist centers (I do not know what it is called in english? heee) I could not find much, but I found one online. I emailed her and asked what her experience really was at first. I am now diagnosed. I do not know were you live- but online therapy is an option today. If they can´t diagnose you, they may know who can. Or maybe you can contact your "autism union" in your area or something? I guess they have that? Maybe they can guide you?

...Or read a lots of books on the area. Educate yourself beforehand. Then the diagnose is maybe not that far away. I have som suggestions if you would like :)

Personally I never lose sight of how potentially precarious it may be to imply or advise to a medical professional what you think the issues or problems might be. That for some, maybe many you may be instantly challenging their ability and authority.

I became highly familiar with this situation over literal YEARS of trying to get medical help, only to be thrown in the river of popular pharmaceuticals and not listened to. No matter what I had, they wanted me to take the profit trifecta of Prozac/Lipitor/Ambien that will have me far worse off than the complaints I came to them with... without improving those complaints one iota.

New Threads

Top Bottom