• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I run a blog on living with Asperger's, my latest obsession

Of course :) I was actually trying to remember that earlier tonight, I don't do very well with time and dates and stuff. It was at least a few months ago, but not more than hmm, maybe a year go. So at some point within that time frame. It's also difficult to pin down because it was more of a process, and 4 health care professionals had input, so it's complicated when I think about it.

You're right too, there's so much more research on men. I've heard the same things.

I was diagnosed at 19 myself, and I'm 25 now, so I've had a few years to adjust, haha.
I hope your diagnosis is as helpful and positive an experience as mine. :)

Thanks. Oh, it was, definitely. There are still things I would like to have out of life and with this information, it can help me be more successful in my goals and my search for connection, especially in social areas.

I'm really glad that your experience was a positive one, too. :)

For me, the most important thing about Asperger's is that while it may make some things more difficult, that doesn't mean we can't accomplish them. Plus we practically have superpowers in our area of interest haha.

Ooo...Being a fellow writer (though I haven't been nearly as successful with finishing writing projects), I love this. Keep it up!

Thank you socoolgirl94 :)
As a writer, do you have a blog?

Though I might start a blog now, now that you've inspired me. I've got a name already, too, the Aspie Bird! (Since birdwatching is one of my hobbies, and Aspie sounds like it's a kind of bird!) Though I'd probably talk about more than just Asperger's on it. I guess the journal on my Deviantart page kind of qualifies as a blog too, though. ^^;

Your drawings are very cool, thanks for sharing :)

I've found blogging to be awesome fun, hope you do too

Read the blog. Thought it was pretty good. :)
I love writing as well. I have filled thousands of school books with stories. :smile: My bedroom cupboard's littered with those books. :)

Read the blog. Thought it was pretty good. :)
I love writing as well. I have filled thousands of school books with stories. :smile: My bedroom cupboard's littered with those books. :)

Do you ever think about trying for publication, or do you write for yourself?

New Threads

Top Bottom