• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I.Q. 131 normal for an aspie?

I've taken them a number of times over the years scoring from 137 to 141. But I've never really seen them used as any practical benchmark when it comes to determining just how smart or clever one actually is or can be. Ultimately it's just a number...not much else.

Unlike your FICO score...now that's another matter.

Genius can come in islands that would overshadow other areas in a generalized test ;)

I know I have tossed this out there in the past in another thread,but possibly the non-verbal autistic are on their own level of genius that we can't experience or even recognize because we have set the standards that apply to ourselves.

When I had a test for dyslexia it included an IQ test using WAIS-III which gave my general ability level at a score of 137.

I think people that know me IRL would be surprised at my IQ, as I don't think I come across in a way that would be typically associated with someone who has a high IQ.

I've often thought that if life were a series of puzzles that featured in the IQ test, like the one below, it would be more fun, enjoyable and a lot easier.

upload_2016-8-14_14-2-23.png

I recently took an I.Q. test and I scored 131. Whats a normal IQ for an individual with Asperger's? whats your iq?

I recently took the Mensa IQ test and also received a score from Mensa of 131, which is at the 98th percentile. This having been said, and the same score now observed in two random subjects here at Aspies Central is interesting. But it not clear what can be inferred?
It is in my current view, improbable that we, would by any stretch, likely to be "alone here" on these terms, and that other members may well score similar values on these tests.

Before 2 months, I was systematic check-up, I done IQ test with next results: IQtot 121, IQv 120 and IQm 117.
The psychologist told me that I have high IQ and to not be confused with simmilar tests and explanations on the Internet.
IQ is something with what we born, it cannot be changed but there is also EMOTIONAL INTELEGENCE, which can be upgraded and which can help us in our living.
I think you all should concentrate on it.

I just took the Wechsler (as part of a diagnostic evaluation) and I have a range from 99.9th percentile to 63rd percentile (working memory and processing speed not my usual.)

I also hasten to add that I have been suffering for years from a terrible fatigue situation related to being undiagnosed, so of course I can do better! :)

Where do I score high? On the Aspie Quiz! And yet, on some scales (I'm looking at you, Simon Baron-Cohen) I'm "normal" because it is heavily weighted towards the way males present Asperger's, not the way women often do.

There are many ways of being a genius. I'll settle for one, thanks!

New Threads

Top Bottom