• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I made Progress :/

vestara

I have made progress I do think I have Aspergers now. I was reading up on it and I thought "this is talking about me" and that's when I decided to believe that I do have and I guess you could say I'm self-diagnosed even though I do debate it in my head also I looked up the thing. I feel relieved to have come to this conclusion but also very lonely because what if I had been diagnosed younger? and will anyone believe me? but it's comforting to know that not many people know about the Autism Spectum so maybe that's why they don't believe some people, it just makes me sad that so many people don't get represented because I only see boys who don't speak when I hear about Autism which isn't bad but I think there's more to it. I also read that the process is long and expensive so I'm not sure I'll be getting it soon. I feel very sad and exhausted :(

I would pursue a professional diagnosis. There is a massive dimension these quizzes don't go into. For example, a professional diagnosis will tell you how your brain processes information. This can be massively helpful, especially in the schooling environment. Every person will have a different experience with diagnosis. I was diagnosed as an adult myself. I started off with the same thing you are doing from the recommendation of my general physician (non-formal recommendation lol). I found my experience to be extremely euphoric. I finally had a way to identify myself, I understood why I did what I did, and did not feel weird about what was going on in my brain anymore. Prior to knowing though, I did feel very overwhelmed and exhausted, extremely frustrated because I was sick of providing emotions and acting a certain way, especially since I did not get why I should have to elicit all these responses. I would highly recommend picking up some literature on Asperger's/Autism. The Aspie super power is super-focus lol, use that focus on learning Autism and communicating with other Aspie's about your thoughts. I am part of a couple other forums and this one, hands down, is my favorite. We are a very close-nit and friendly community.

The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, By Tony Attwood ----> Extremely informative

I will try but it's hard for me since I'm only 16 and still a minor, and I'll keep on reading and I'll try to get some literature I've been researching for a while now time has gone by quickly

New Threads

Top Bottom