• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Love Data Analysis/Data Visualization

inkhorn82

When I was doing my undergraduate degree I got really into my statistics classes. It turned into both a career path and an obsession for me. All jobs I've had so far are related to data analysis and even when I get some spare time I am usually doing some kind of fun data analysis project. See my blog, if you want, which I've called "Data Until I Die!", detailing the various for-fun projects I've taken on and the analysis that I've done using R: Data Until I Die! | Data for Life :) .

When I was taking networking classes, they said the network/data analysts were the highest paying job of the field, sometimes more so than the security people since the data folk was a kind of higher-end security on their own to check for abnormalities in the output and recognize security issues. I'll bet you have a bright future in any field involving analysts, if you're not there already.

I've been lost for years.. but I actually used to help my aunt do data entry for a pretty big company (WB Mason or JP Morgan.. something like that) when I was in 7th or 8th grade. She did part of her work from home and I thought it was a blast. To this day I'm really not even sure why I liked it but looking back it seems like a very odd thing for a kid to enjoy doing and probably should have been a red flag for my family.
I did try some C++ and HTML type of stuff in highschool but by then I just wasn't into it anymore (again, in hindsight.. I think some problems I had at 13 did more damage than I realized at the time.. and heck, even recently.)

Look like you're having fun still though :)

This is far and away my favorite infographic of all time (up to now, anyway). It is both informative and aesthetically beautiful.

XKCD-Congress-Infographic.png

New Threads

Top Bottom