• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I just filled out an application for Rupaul’s Drag Race

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Now go away!*
V.I.P Member
I am not exactly planning on saying yes if I am selected as this is my first time applying for the show and I don’t have quite enough outfits or other things necessary to be on the show. I just want to see how far I can go right now.

I am not exactly planning on saying yes if I am selected as this is my first time applying for the show and I don’t have quite enough outfits or other things necessary to be on the show. I just want to see how far I can go right now.
I heard the process of filming that show is a living hell for all of the contestants and not the nonstop fun fest the show is edited to make it look like.

image (3).png

"A drag race? That sounds like it would hurt..."

Go for it!

I always wanted to audition for Naked and Afraid.

Go for it!

I always wanted to audition for Naked and Afraid.

I've watched Naked and Afraid for years. I think I could mentally survive as a contestant (it's mostly willpower and patience to survive) but I like to eat and stay warm too much to ever do it.

I don't know what RuPaul's advice would be. But the Paul that I know, when regarding impromtu drag racing on the street, he would tell me that while still braking, to gently rev the engine with little kitten taps on the gas pedal, feeling the light lift in the engine, but not overdoing it. Just keep that horse penned.

As soon as the other light turns yellow, you start lifting your foot off the brake. Slowly- keep her reined. And as soon as your peripheral vision sees red in the other direction, pop her in gear and in the first glimmer of green, drop that clutch and let all that built up tension loose.

I'm sure RuPaul would be quite pleased. But he would also say not to try this anywhere but your local enclosed drag strip.

I've watched Naked and Afraid for years. I think I could mentally survive as a contestant (it's mostly willpower and patience to survive) but I like to eat and stay warm too much to ever do it.
Once you know where you're going to go, you'd want to immerse yourself in native culture and practice getting used to the expected climate. And work on your tan. How many times have I seen sunburn as an issue on N&A? People have survived naked and unafraid in most temperate and tropical parts of the planet for hundreds of thousands of years.

If they had it in the SW US, as old and debilitated as I am, I might still give it a whirl. Life is pretty easy out here. Most of the year it is warm to hot. There are many natural food sources and few real dangers. If you can find water, you'll make it.

There is a show in New Zealand, Naked Alone and Racing to Get Home. Unfortunately, you can't get it in the States. (I haven't tried a VPN yet or checked for altertnative sources.) They drop you off in the wilderness, and your objective is to get to and specific location in "civilization." within a fixed time to win a cash prize.

"With their clothes, phones and money taken away from them, the teams will be dropped in some of the toughest areas of the UK and left to forage their own food, build their own sleeping shelters and find the materials they'll need to keep them warm in their naked race for the prize."

"Over three days, they'll have to navigate their own route towards the cash prize and rely on the kindness of strangers - who may not be overly keen to help out naked ramblers."

They have since expanded the areas to some inhospitable corners of the world.

Once you know where you're going to go, you'd want to immerse yourself in native culture and practice getting used to the expected climate. And work on your tan. How many times have I seen sunburn as an issue on N&A? People have survived naked and unafraid in most temperate and tropical parts of the planet for hundreds of thousands of years.

If they had it in the SW US, as old and debilitated as I am, I might still give it a whirl. Life is pretty easy out here. Most of the year it is warm to hot. There are many natural food sources and few real dangers. If you can find water, you'll make it.

There is a show in New Zealand, Naked Alone and Racing to Get Home. Unfortunately, you can't get it in the States. (I haven't tried a VPN yet or checked for altertnative sources.) They drop you off in the wilderness, and your objective is to get to and specific location in "civilization." within a fixed time to win a cash prize.

"With their clothes, phones and money taken away from them, the teams will be dropped in some of the toughest areas of the UK and left to forage their own food, build their own sleeping shelters and find the materials they'll need to keep them warm in their naked race for the prize."

"Over three days, they'll have to navigate their own route towards the cash prize and rely on the kindness of strangers - who may not be overly keen to help out naked ramblers."

They have since expanded the areas to some inhospitable corners of the world.

I'd work on toughening up my feet and my weaving skills to make some sort of clothing or cover. I've seen shows where insect bites caused people to tap out.

It would be relatively easy to survive in the southeast (Mississippi) where I live. There's always water here, plenty of edible plants if you know where to look, and pit vipers are delicious if cooked correctly. ;)

Just make sure that you can sew at least halfway decently...and polish a snatch game impersonation well ahead of time...so few contestants seem to do so.

Just make sure that you can sew at least halfway decently...and polish a snatch game impersonation well ahead of time...so few contestants seem to do so.
Snatch Game I’ve got down. I’ve come up with several jokes and stunts that are in character with Yoko Ono and I believe that I will have RuPaul laughing hard at how chaotic my performance will be. Not chaotic as in it will ruin the challenge and disrupt everyone else like seasons 4 but chaotic as in I keep doing random things and then insisting that I’m creating “art” and giving them random names. Sewing will be tricky as I’m on a budget and fabric and a sewing machine are pretty expensive.

You can pick up a very serviceable used sewing machine for under $50...Trust me on this, I have 3 and have had a hard time stopping there.

You can pick up a very serviceable used sewing machine for under $50...Trust me on this, I have 3 and have had a hard time stopping there.
I bought one from Goodwill once and it was broken. Really made me upset that I wasted $30 on it and couldn’t return it for a refund. I also am on a budget and would like to get a sewing machine that isn’t going to be more than $30 at most.

I bought one from Goodwill once and it was broken. Really made me upset that I wasted $30 on it and couldn’t return it for a refund. I also am on a budget and would like to get a sewing machine that isn’t going to be more than $30 at most.
Marketplace is the place for it...and you can have the sellers demonstrate that the machine is working before you buy it.

New Threads

Top Bottom