• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I joined to get some advice

Violet

Hi, I just joined tonight because I thought I should get more information on people with autism because I have been dating someone who is high functioning autistic for a few months now. I don't think I officially have any mental disorder but I have never really been tested. I'm often socially awkward and very shy and have social anxiety and breakdowns if I'm in a very crowded place. I also have anxiety when it comes to making phone calls. I feel like I do sympathize with him on some levels. I just care about him so much.

Welcome Violet :)

I'm sure we can help you find many answers here. I don't mean to presume, bit it sounds as though you yourself are curious as to whether you may have something worth investigating. If so, I've included some references for yourself, should you be interested.

We have our recommended readings here:
Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Should you wish to look up information about women with AS, I highly recommend this book. You'll learn that AS can present differently between different genders:
Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Here are two unofficial checklist for traits in women on the spectrum:

Day 62: Females with Asperger’s Syndrome (Non-Official) Checklist | Everyday Asperger's

Aspienwomen: Adult Women with Asperger Syndrome. Moving towards a female profile of Asperger Syndrome | Tania Marshall

It's also worth learning about Dr. Tony Attwood (who's quite brilliant):
Home

And here is our relationships thread, should you wish to join our discussions:
Love, Relationships and Dating | AspiesCentral.com

You can do some research but try not tu suggestionate (is that the word?), I mean, don't get obsessed about it.

Hello Violet, welcome to our friendly Aspie community. As you can see from Vanilla's post there is a lot of information around, and you can also ask us questions anytime :)

New Threads

Top Bottom