• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have had enough of this 'ASD'..

Hi all,

Its come to a stage now that, the way my thoughts are, the way ASD effects my 'thoughts and brain process' is just TOTALLY MESSED UP. I'm

And O.k I may not like having 'ASD' and I don't care anymore what I am on the outside like if I look dumb and socially disabled,people laugh at me its funny. lol its all good

but on the inside, my thought process is so messed up and just beyond ANNOYING .

GOD DAM IT.

what should I do?
1. die
2. remove thoughts?
3. ????

I think at one point, we all reach this stage & get depressed & overwhelmed by our mental crap. I know I did.

one thing that really works for me when I get into this rut - this sounds cheesy but it works, okay?

Try this - memorize a small litany for yourself that u can say to yourself or even out loud when ur alone.

Think of Dune's litany -

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind killer.
It is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me & through me.
Where it has gone, there will be nothing.
Only I remain.

Now, replace the word Fear w Hopelessness or Depression (or whatever is bothering you), then memorize it & repeat it to yourself often.

Trust me, it will focus your thoughts to the present & you'll feel better instantly. Just keep repeating it. I often do this throughout the day, over & over again. It really does control your thoughts away from negativity.

I think JDartistics advice is worth a try, it seems to me that he is doing pretty good at managing his life. AS is very hard on young people. For me, the teen years and young adulthood were the worst. Now I know that we are all different, but I found that it was easier as I got older. By the time I was in my late twenties, I saw my AS as a advantage. Now I can say that I like being a Aspie. I just wouldn't be me without it. Hang in there, someday you may see it as your advantage.

The above replies are great. Here is my small contribution. Yesterday I was feeling similarly - and it was time for me to go outside for my walk which I know will help me. But always every step outside is hard. So I got sick of the fear, it is like a wall that pushes me trying to keep me inside my house all the time. The way my mind works is pictures, so the 'wall of fear' kept appearing in front of me and I kept kicking it with my toe with each step, not trying to force it to stop, but just kicking it over and over again. I intend to keep kicking it, because the alternative is dark. I hope this helps you somehow.

Im not allowed to chat at any other things than this!!:mad::mad: i REALLY LOVE CHAT GAMES!!!!! :( :pizza::pizza::shavedice::shavedice::redapple::redapple::redapple::redapple::tomato::tomato::tomato::pear::pear::pineapple::pineapple: I like fruits XD

Hey, I'm 52 & I can honestly tell you that it does get easier as we get older. What's important is to embrace your strengths, ok? We are phenomenal, ok?

When ur 40, you'll understand this. Think of folks like Jobs & the Star Trek creator - I started to write Rottenberry but that's not it! LOL

But my point is this: please don't give up. We all have so much to offer. & don't make my mistake of not knowing that & blaming yourself for everything. A life of regret you do not want to perpetuate. Ok?

So, I can't figure out how to post a song, so someone help me w this. But please post

Ocean Lab
On a Good Day

I understand how you feel and I feel that way probably too often. It helps me to remember that with AS comes a few amazing skills/talents that maybe nobody else has. People with AS aren't so different from NTs. Even though yes, aspies have messed up thought process, it is also efficient. It can still take in a bounty of pleasant knowledge. I hope this is of any benefit to you. If not, my apologies.

New Threads

Top Bottom