• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I applied for a job today! First time in two years

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Just to be clear, I have been doing work through job agencies in those two years, I have had several contracts that were longer term, but recently it has become more like day labour (rather inconsistent lately), worked yesterday in construction - a one day job - by the time I called the agency office yesterday afternoon and this morning, nothing for today! It's a cycle I'm getting a little tired of, and I need consistency like five days a week for one thing...

So I've determined and have decided to apply for jobs, in between the agency work I'm doing

This morning I logged onto Indeed for the first time in two years and applied for one job, but the start of a new effort, and also just organizing my job search materials

I have gone back and forth about applying. But l decided to put that on pause until next year. I have to spend time getting home ready to sell, which requires time. Maybe after relocating, l hope to work 2-3 days. I have a severe kitchen floor issue, and other kitchen things. Oh boy.

I have gone back and forth about applying. But l decided to put that on pause until next year. I have to spend time getting home ready to sell, which requires time. Maybe after relocating, l hope to work 2-3 days. I have a severe kitchen floor issue, and other kitchen things. Oh boy.

I understand... I do have to work to pay for my life, thus why I have to work through job agencies, but I just need to work harder to get into a permanent job situation as well

This is related to my most recent post... I had a half day shift today, was close to a park I enjoy that I rarely get to because it's a long trek from my place...

It was a good walk, I had my camera with me

I drove home at roughly the same time they start calling people for shifts the next day, somehow (I don't know when) I turned my phone to "do not disturb" so I missed a phone call... I called back to the office 15 minutes after I noticed there had been a phone call... Of course they gave someone else the job by then - whatever the job was... And it was too late for them to get anything else come in... Crap!

Now I have to wake up at 6 AM to call the office, hope something comes in, I really can't afford another day off and job assignments seem fairly scarce lately... It's just so much nicer to go to bed knowing you have a job for the next morning... I'm stressing out right now! I need to pay the bills still and not fall behind either as I am a little ahead...

Now you know why I badly want to get a permanent job, where I'm not dealing with stuff like this :(

New Threads

Top Bottom