• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am obsessed with medical things and natural disasters.

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
Like I love everything medical but I hate blood and vomiting and seeing people hurt and sick.
I love the dentist too.
And I love people who chase tornado and monitor like climate change in Antarctica.
I think it is cool extreme weather events and what the ses does but idk if I could do it.
But I often dream of being a paramedic but because of blood and guts and gore and vomiting I do not know if I could do it.
And also a dental assistant.
I wish they had like people they hired in hospital like medical assistants who could sit and talk to people like have maybe poetry books or the bible or just make them feel better, ask nurses for more blankets or run down to the gift shop and buy them some flowers or a teddy.
Or else go and get them toiletries or clothing from shops if their family could not get there straight away or they were alone.
Just try to say positive things like you will get through this or you will get better.
Even volunteers who are allowed to do it for non contagious people.
Or maybe be an art therapist for kids or teens or even adults in hospital.

I'm reading that there is such a thing as an orderly or nurses' assistant, and they don't need any special certifications, so I think there actually are jobs like what you're looking for. I expect there are volunteer openings, too.

You write like there is a lot going on in your head that never makes it into writing, and that's fine. I often go back and think "People are going to think that was a non sequitur. Oh well.".

I would like to have been a tornado chaser. I was fascinated by disasters, natural and manmade, from my earliest memories.

I would like to have been a tornado chaser. I was fascinated by disasters, natural and manmade, from my earliest memories.

Violent weather is common where I live, and it always gives me a thrill. We have hurricanes, tornados, and incredibly powerful storms with wind, rain and lightning.

This week we have extreme cold here. It is only 12 degrees now at 8:00 a.m. which is so COLD for us children of the tropics although it would feel balmy to people who live in northern climates.

Yesterday, husband and I rigged up a way to cover my winter vegetable garden to try to save the baby turnip greens and collards that are only about 3 inches high. I picked all the lettuce yesterday because it can't survive the cold. I don't know if my winter herbs, cilantro, dill and parsley will survive so I'm going to pick a lot of herbs today and put them in little vases of water in the refrigerator, like flowers, so I can use them this week. We put a heat lamp in the barn so the donkeys can stand under it to stay warm. My sister put the blankets on the horses to keep them warm. Horses can handle cold better than donkeys. The chickens will be fine as they are wearing down coats, but we positioned a heat lamp over their water so it won't freeze. We also filled up the gas cans in case the electricity goes out and we have to run the generator.

People are freaking out and buying all the bread, milk and bottled water in stores, along with whatever other food they need. The risk of a power failure is high.

Last edited:
I’ve had a special interest in severe weather for almost 11 years now. I live in Florida, where we are prone to hurricanes/tropical storms. Thankfully, the part of Florida I am in is least likely to get severely damaged due to us not living near beache(s) or coastal areas

People are freaking out and buying all the bread, milk and bottled water in stores, along with whatever other food they need. The risk of a power failure is high.
This happened to the area I lived in since 2016 when tropical systems began to make landfall in Florida more often than other coastal areas like New Orleans.

Like I love everything medical but I hate blood and vomiting and seeing people hurt and sick.
I love the dentist too.
And I love people who chase tornado and monitor like climate change in Antarctica.
I think it is cool extreme weather events and what the ses does but idk if I could do it.
But I often dream of being a paramedic but because of blood and guts and gore and vomiting I do not know if I could do it.
And also a dental assistant.
I wish they had like people they hired in hospital like medical assistants who could sit and talk to people like have maybe poetry books or the bible or just make them feel better, ask nurses for more blankets or run down to the gift shop and buy them some flowers or a teddy.
Or else go and get them toiletries or clothing from shops if their family could not get there straight away or they were alone.
Just try to say positive things like you will get through this or you will get better.
Even volunteers who are allowed to do it for non contagious people.
Or maybe be an art therapist for kids or teens or even adults in hospital.
This made me think of a job some people have in Denmark: hospital clowns. A very demanding job, I am sure, where people dressed as clowns help to make life easier for children who are ill.

When I was a kid, I think I was once obsessed with natural disasters. I used to watch videos on what to do when hurricanes and tornados hit despite the fact I never lived anywhere near hurricane/tornado areas (and I was also really scared of tornados). I also used to act out natural disasters using my plushies. As for medical stuff, there was a book I used to read frequently that had the main character visiting the hospital due to her brother being sick. I really liked that book

I'm reading that there is such a thing as an orderly or nurses' assistant, and they don't need any special certifications, so I think there actually are jobs like what you're looking for. I expect there are volunteer openings, too.

You write like there is a lot going on in your head that never makes it into writing, and that's fine. I often go back and think "People are going to think that was a non sequitur. Oh well.".
Thanks I cannot get a job right now or 100% know if I could do it or handle it each day. It is just a dream.

There is much going on in my head and heart that i feel like both will explore and sometimes it is for a professional and keep social chat positive.
I am just sad and I do not always know why but I have been through a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom