• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I almost died in my sleep? I think?

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I was trying to wake up this morning but couldn't open my eyes for anything. I couldn't move any part of my body. I couldn't even see anything other than what was in my mind. I started to see everyone I've ever known in my life, all my friends and family, my parents, my cat, and I kept hearing someone say "do not let him go, do not let him go"... "It's not time, it's not time"

Then I saw some writing on this wall that gave me instructions...it told me I need to open my mouth and breathe fire at the sky, so I did, as I looked up to do so I noticed there was a hole in the sky swirling, and I could faintly see my name in it. When I breathed fire, the flame soared up to the gaping hole and stayed there, and it disappeared. The writing on the wall said "move your arms, move your legs, open your eyes NOW".

Next thing I knew I was groggily waking up...

Can someone tell me what the [expletive] just happened? Was i dead just now?!

I was trying to wake up this morning but couldn't open my eyes for anything. I couldn't move any part of my body. I couldn't even see anything other than what was in my mind. I started to see everyone I've ever known in my life, all my friends and family, my parents, my cat, and I kept hearing someone say "do not let him go, do not let him go"... "It's not time, it's not time"

Then I saw some writing on this wall that gave me instructions...it told me I need to open my mouth and breathe fire at the sky, so I did, as I looked up to do so I noticed there was a hole in the sky swirling, and I could faintly see my name in it. When I breathed fire, the flame soared up to the gaping hole and stayed there, and it disappeared. The writing on the wall said "move your arms, move your legs, open your eyes NOW".

Next thing I knew I was groggily waking up...

Can someone tell me what the [expletive] just happened? Was i dead just now?!

Sounds like sleep paralysis in conjunction with a hypnopompic hallucination. Where you're awakening from a dream and deep REM sleep. A point where reality and a dream collide momentarily...but where you're also left quite immobile.

I just experienced it the other day...eventually waking up from a silly nightmare relative to an ugly story I saw on tv. A brown recluse spider bit a woman on the face while she was asleep! Pretty easy to deduce where my subconscious mind took this event....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
from my its knowledge its g~d instructing you in the particular culture youre part of to do exactly what he asks as anxiety can be dangerous if not dealt with- its just spiritual so you probably understand the temporal world( natural )
spiritual is confusing to you
when he talks to me its much more mundane im too nervous

in the judeo Christian afterlife you meet people who died on earth or perfect and the the earth is too corrupt for them namely Yeshua(Jesus)
the distressed voice is someone who doesnt want you to die
just to be clear iam not a prophet some people understand it more as psychic
but attending a church that talked about spiritual matters in more depth than some churches i have it in my memory

If im correct... I may have,just been in the afterlife...

Hmmm. IMO it sounded more like sleep paralysis. Not a manifestation of astral projection. Though I've experienced both, with the latter on very rare occasion. Where I found myself momentarily upset over someone in my living room sitting at my sofa...only to realize that it was me.

It might have been more interesting had you been physically upright and in some stage of consciousness as opposed to being horizontal and in a state of deep sleep.

Last edited:
Your subconscience is telling you that you are stressed out.
If only id known sooner. I tried everything in the book (the breathe and count to ten crap doesn't work like it does in school), meditating someone just calls me and gives me something to do, reading a book, I dont read books, playing video games, cant hear dialogue over parents fighting, sleep and stress hypnosis, works 85 percent of the time but through most spells I am interrupted by someone even though I told them im watching,a hypnovid, and even going outside only causes me to hear them down the road! Yes I've gone all the way down the road and could hear them fighting FROM THE NEIGHBORS YARD!

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick what kind of family am I living in?! I had to go out of my way to steal an aromatherapy candle from my mothers room just to chill the hell out! And dont get me started on the unholy panic attack I had last night!

Yeah, that sounds like sleep paralysis. I suffer from it frequently. Your brain releases chemicals while you're sleeping to paralyze you so you don't act out your dreams, but sometimes you'll wake up before those chemicals have worn off and you'll wake up not able to move or speak. It will often feel like someone else is in the room with you, and some people even hallucinate while it's happening. A lot of people who experience it believe that they have either died or been abducted by aliens.

New Threads

Top Bottom