• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to tell if an Aspie guy loves you?

Aryana

I have been friends with this guy for over 3 years and now we have become intimate. He's never had a real relationship before. He stays over Saturday nights . He is close with my kids however he still keeps what's going on with us private. How do I know if this is just about sex or he has feelings for me?

Ask him.

But before that, figure out what you want from the relationship too so you can explain what you want/need.

If he’s not truthful, there’s a whole other issue for OP to ask us about.
Yeah, in about a year when she finally realizes he wasn’t truthful.

I take it the boyfriend is reserved, doesn’t show his feelings? You (OP) might need a can opener to get into his mind. Maybe just give it some time?

Maybe just give it some time?
If I recall correctly, this issue has been already going on for almost a year. @Aryana first posted about it last March.

If I recall correctly, this issue has been already going on for almost a year. @Aryana first posted about it last March.

Yes but we were just friends now we are intimate with each other so it has progressed

Yes but we were just friends now we are intimate with each other
Yes but we were just friends now we are intimate with each other so it has progressed
Also I will add he is very truthful. But I am too afraid to ask maybe I should have written the question as if if you are in love with somebody how do you show them?

Also I will add he is very truthful. But I am too afraid to ask maybe I should have written the question as if if you are in love with somebody how do you show them?
Do you feel like he loves you? You’ve known him for three years—have you noticed in that time how he shows affection? Does he spend time with you just to hang out?

Do you feel like he loves you? You’ve known him for three years—have you noticed in that time how he shows affection? Does he spend time with you just to hang out?
I definitely feel he loves me. He has changed so much. The way he hugs me says it to me! He gives me massages and wants to make sure that it feels good to me .

I definitely feel he loves me. He has changed so much. The way he hugs me says it to me! He gives me massages and wants to make sure that it feels good to me .
So is this more about you wanting him to say he loves you because it would feel good to hear him say it?

Yes I guess it would make me certain of his feelings...
You sounded pretty certain when you said this:
I definitely feel he loves me.

Not trying to criticize you, just wondering if you are seeking answers that you already have.

I wonder if this is an issue of finding internal validation vs. external validation. Maybe you are actually getting external validation, but it is your insecure inner voice that makes you question your guy's feelings, and actions. You definitely feel he loves you, so where did this post question come from?

Last edited:
You sounded pretty certain when you said this:

Not trying to criticize you, just wondering if you are seeking answers that you already have.

I wonder if this is an issue of finding internal validation vs. external validation. Maybe you are actually getting external validation, but it is your insecure inner voice that makes you question your guy's feelings, and actions. You definitely feel he loves you, so where did this post question come from?
I guess in a way it is my own internal insecurities how are there are things that he does that I truly believe he loves me but then there are things that he doesn't do that makes me question. Does this make sense to you?

New Threads

Top Bottom