• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How old...?

C

Chris

So it's no secret that a lot of aspie's don't have relationships until later on, be it for their own reasons, or the other party's reasons. :p

How old were you/are you before you had your first proper girlfriend? I'm NT as far as I know... but i'll say anyway - Willow is my first proper girlfriend. Not ashamed. She's incredible. :) :wub:

I know it's boys only but.. I'm answering anyway.

17. Chris is my first boyfriend. I'd never really even looked at boys before that. Chris is awesome :) Best boyfriend ever. *lucky* :wub:

I wasn't popular with the girls or anybody else at that age, not necisseraly a bad thing though.

You avoid things such as teenage pregnancies and STD's. Things that the popular guys that get all the chicks

regularly are forced to deal with before they are ready.

I just turned 19 last month. No girls yet. TBH I haven't actually tried. Just don't have the confidence. Probably never will. I suppose I don't have the looks either.

Any girls I've had good friendships with, I've had by not trying. Seems to work out quite well. I just mess things up if I try too hard. :p

I know this is the guys forum but meh.
I agree though. Trying is a bad idea. IMO.
All the boyfriends I've had I didn't even know liked me. It's probably because I don't want to or simply don't notice the signs but yeah.
EMZ=]

since found this boy uses just doing for kissing and huging me as his way to ask me to date him then i just got my first boy friend

until this boy i was thinking i would never find a boy to date

usually people do not want to be around me if i am not able to hide my autism and just be the way they decide they want me but since we both have autism and are the same then i think we are going to be able to get married one day when people let us

It was around my 22nd birthday when I got my first girlfriend. I am 23 now and still with her. I met her online though, so interacting at the start was a lot easier for me. If it had been real life I know for sure that it would never have happened.

It was around my 22nd birthday when I got my first girlfriend. I am 23 now and still with her. I met her online though, so interacting at the start was a lot easier for me. If it had been real life I know for sure that it would never have happened.
Nice going. :)

36. Am I the winner?

She was 21. Worst thing was that I'd be out with her and teenage boys would try to chat her up right in front of me. I got the impression that they thought I was her uncle or something. I used to find it funny, whereas she would occasionally get pissed off that I didn't get jealous.

As for the idea that not trying is the best strategy for getting a girlfriend: a lot of people used to tell me that. I used to point out that I would sit at home watching discovery channel but the girls weren't queueing up outside my door, and I couldn't possibly be not trying any harder than I was. The fact is that you need to get out and meet people (of both genders), talk to people and get to know them. Get out of your comfort zone a bit. Of course this is going to be next to impossible for a lot of us, myself included. I think that for Aspies our "traits" tend to fade over time, which makes things easier. Hopefully for you guys that are still waiting... you won't have to wait as long as I did.

Heh. Are you still with her, 142857?
Nah, she dumped me. It is a long story, but for work and visa reasons the only way for us to be together was to get married and we weren't ready for that for a variety of reasons.

I am 24 and still haven't had a girlfriend or something next to that, i am not so into the relationship thingy (being to shy aswell)

New Threads

Top Bottom