• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many hours do you spend on your computer each day?

. . .

V.I.P Member

It seems common for people on the spectrum to spend an absurd amount of time online. If I'm at home, chances are that I'm online. And guess what? I'm at home a bloody lot. :lol:

There have been a few times where, with the exception of getting up to eat or go to the bathroom, I've actually been online for days straight. About a year and a half ago, I played Final Fantasy V via Zsnes (a Super Nintendo emulator) and beat the game within a very short amount of time. I played the game straight through for days - that's how much I liked it. It's an old school game with outdated graphics, but that doesn't stop me from getting addicted to RPGs. I've been an RPG enthusiast since 1992 when I was six years old and was into Final Fantasy games long before the series became mainstream.

final-fantasy-v-snes-cover-front-jp-33287.jpg

Anyway, all I can say is that the average amount of time I spend online per day is shameful. :lol:

It depends on what I am "chasing". If I get very interestted in something and start researching it I can be on all day if I'm not working. I would guess most of the time I am online about 4 hours a day. In the past few weeks I have been researching Asperger's, taking all the quizzes, reading whatever I can find, and trying to figure out how it all relates to me. So maybe 6 hours a day.

I'd guess 6-10 hours per day, some of it working and some playing games or goofing off. I work on my computer because I need to write things, look up articles, read them (I avoid printing them out if possible), analyze data, etc.

Hm... it varies now. :S

I can honestly say I've lost count. On some days I can say 8 hours+. On other days, I can say 5 or less. Some days I only get on a computer once or twice. Depending on what I do that day. I can't go a day without internet though that is the thing.

Since sometimes my laptop is with me, I can be online almost anywhere. My mobile has limited internet, so that just means Facebook and basic google searches.

I am addicted to the computer I will admit that, but not addicted enough to where I just buy random things. So yeah...

Now I should get to what I need to be doing.

I spend the majority of my day on the computer unless I manage to go out with some friends or something else occupies my time like TV or games console.

Lately, I have been spending more time outside and socializing far more than I used to. :D

So sometimes I don't really get much time to spend on the computer, but normally when I have a day off or have nothing planned, I would practically be on it like a lot of the times.

I would say... the entire time that I am awake (sometimes when I am asleep too, actually) minus about 1 or 2 hours wherein I am driving to and from work, making something to eat, showering, taking the dog out, doing laundry... the stuff I have to do. But the computer is always on even when i am doing those things, I have just stepped away. I am fighting the urge to websurf on my smartphone when I am in the car, usually.

I did spend about 2 hours this weekend and 3 or 4 hours last weekend reading a book instead. I used to read a lot. Just don't have anything worth reading right now.

Between 2 and 12 hours, depending on school, work opportunities, and whether or not I feel like being on the computer. I do all of my reading on my computer (hooray kindle program) and a lot of my homework can be done on a computer, so I do use a computer every day.

Too many to count. Well, now, ever since I've upgraded the hardware in my current tower I've been tinkering around with the settings and doing some benchmarking and stability testing. So a few more added to that I suppose.

This can be a misleading question. I spend at least 10 - 12 hours a day, most days, on the computer. But, then, I work remotely as a software development consultant (a fancy term for an independent programmer paid by the hour), so two-thirds of my time at the keyboard is due to the nature of my work. I still can easily spend 4 to 8 hours on the box when not working - but that is because, after 40 years of programming, it is an environment I'm totally comfortable with.

To paraphrase Captain Kirk in the Startrek movie about going back in time to save whales,

"I'm not from cyberspace. I'm from Pennsylvania. I only work [and play] in cyberspace."

It
Between 2 and 12 hours, depending on school, work opportunities, and whether or not I feel like being on the computer. I do all of my reading on my computer (hooray kindle program) and a lot of my homework can be done on a computer, so I do use a computer every day.

In addition to the Kindle program (as least for smartphones and tablets), consider the Moon+ Pro Reader (Google Play Store for Android - don't know if available for Apple for those of you willing to pay twice as much for two-generation-old technology [grin]). On the PC, a program like Sumatra handles multiple formats very well.

Moon+ can handle all Kindle formats (e.g., .mobi, .azw, .azw3) along with a wide number of other popular formats ranging from .pdf to .epub. You will have to copy ebooks directly to your Moon+ library directory (usually with a USB connection) rather than using "Send to Kindle..." but you don't have to risk a mangled reformatting with the startlingly good Calibre program. .PDF files are by far the most difficult to convert to .MOBI and even Calibre sometimes loses something in the translation.

Too many to count. Well, now, ever since I've upgraded the hardware in my current tower I've been tinkering around with the settings and doing some benchmarking and stability testing. So a few more added to that I suppose.

" Too many to count" plus "a few more added" is an interesting number. Kind of like "a whole lot of nines..." ;).

Too many!

I'm online as much as I can be...I feel I can communicate how I feel a lot easier online and I can think through my replies etc rather than having to answer on the spot...Also, I just get fed up doing other things...I'm currently procrastinating because I have a painting project to finish however, I would much rather be here :/

I dunno. Maybe 6-8 hours per day? The time I'm not on the computer is usually spent on laying in bed. I've clocked over 700+ hours in Euro Truck Simulator 2 ever since I picked it up on a Steam sale around June 2014.

20+ hours, everyday, every single day,, including holidays, etc, for six + years straight... Went from network engineer working tons over OT to designing my software for five years, to designing another new compound art form and had to learn and implement vfx and video compositing. I woulda preferred 24 hours a day, of course, but unable to do that, most days... Still up around 20 hrs a day, will be for the forseeable future

I would expect at least 12 to 16 hours daily. But considering what a computer gets used for it sounds more than it acutally is I suppose.

I mean, I don't have "regular" cable tv or anything, so technically, when I watch a movie on netflix, even if my tv hooked on to my computer, Im still "using" my computer. And forums, games, listening to music... it all adds up. When a computer is pretty much the only piece of electronic equipment you have and replaces all other electronics (even if a plasma screen is hooked up as a secondary screen) it puts it in a different perspective.

I would expect at least 12 to 16 hours daily. But considering what a computer gets used for it sounds more than it acutally is I suppose.

I mean, I don't have "regular" cable tv or anything, so technically, when I watch a movie on netflix, even if my tv hooked on to my computer, Im still "using" my computer. And forums, games, listening to music... it all adds up. When a computer is pretty much the only piece of electronic equipment you have and replaces all other electronics (even if a plasma screen is hooked up as a secondary screen) it puts it in a different perspective.

Yes, technically that is right. Which is a perfect example of why specificity is so important with everything, I think. Because I would classify watching tv on the computer not as using the computer. My use is only utilitarian. Speaking of which, I have spent far too many minutes posting in these threads, of late. No mas, my quantum kinfolk. Back to the grind

Some what 24/7. What I mean, it rare I'm not on the computer as all my work done on the computer, all my entertainment on the computer and I use my smartphone a lot. I have sleepless night sometimes.

New Threads

Top Bottom