• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

History

I used to be, at school, although I haven't studied history for 4 years so I'm not exactly knowledgable on the subject. What particular part of history most interests you? :)

I'm taking History for GCSE and it's more just politics and stuff as opposed to like Monarchy stuff. I do find History interesting but I don't necessarily know a lot of history.
EMZ=P

I've got a ridiculous number of books on WWII and the Civil War, plus some stuff on the Romans, Greeks, medieval times, Enlightenment times, late 19th/early 20th Century.

I'm about 80% of the way through The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Gibbons (all six volumes on one iPhone... technology kicks ass!)

I'm about 80% of the way through The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Gibbons (all six volumes on one iPhone... technology kicks ass!)

:D

I love history, especially the older stuff: vikings, celts, romans, sumerians, etc. I really got into it when I started writing a series of fantasy novels and bought a heap of books for research purposes.

Sort of. I don't obsessively follow it and I used to get bored in the lessons but I like to learn new stuff.

Wow! I found an ancient thread.

Since it's about history, I guess I'll post here rather than making a new one.

I love ancient history. I love the flow of the river of time through Ancient Mesopotamia, into Africa, Asia, and Europe. I love reading about the rise and fall of civilizations, and of the technology and war machines they used.

I love learning about their courtship rituals and family structure. I love learning about their coronations and life among the royal court. I love reading about the peasant class and the merchants.

I also love reading about the reformation. About how before that time, the Roman Catholic Church was absurdly corrupt, and most churches didn't even have bibles. They just taught using edict and superstition. And then these few brave people brought the light of learning to the common man. Printing bibles and other books, teaching the poorest of the poor to read en masse. Giving people hope and fueling their imaginations.

We would not have the society we enjoy today without these brave men and women who often paid for their books with their own blood.

I love learning about early America. I love every side of it. The patriots, the loyalists. The pioneers, the Indians. I love reading about the egalitarianism of the Corps of Discovery. I love reading about the exciting adult life of little Pomp, the baby who was born during the voyage.

History and maps and atlases, and old books. These are a few of my favorite things!

Last edited:
It was my favorite subject in school. I did a 6 page report on swamp fox Marion in high school.

Unfortunately I have learned the mainstream history they indoctrinate people with is only partly true.

I liked it enough to get a BA, but that doesn't count for anything, so I had to go do something different.

I focused on East Asian and North American Native American stuff, but had about 30 classes on European history, for obvious reasons. I was planning on doing my Masters Thesis on something to do with either Japan or the Sioux, but oh wells. I spent a lot of time also researching what little I could find about central Asia, such as the Kwarizm Empire, Chingis Khan, and so forth.

I had to avoid US history classes because I knew I'd argue with the teachers on certain topics, which I did on the 3 required classes I had to take. Notably, I called out how they ignored decades of American history, and argued for splitting American history into 3-4 segments (1600-1855, 1855-1900ish, 1900ish - 1945, and post 1945). Interstingly, going to 4 different colleges, I was able to sort of get what I wanted, but noticed specific decades were always ignored.

History? You could say that.

After all, I pretty much majored in 20th century totalitarian systems and constitutional law. Minored in the geography of such states as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom