• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

High education; Menial jobs

Thaddeus, if you are able, stay above the fray.
The most important aspect of leadership is to recognize and properly utilize good followership.
By the way there are a few think tank sites in this forum. One is called the "rocking chair think tank", and if not your cuppa, it might lead you to something you are into.
I wouldn't want to lead people. Just to be technically informative...

I wouldn't want to lead people. Just to be technically informative...

Thaddeus, I hear you. I could not sell my bit of knowledge or even give my knowledge away.
I had to sell a product that no one needs and I manage to piss people off in a few moments so I learned long ago to have front people to push my interests which gave me time to be comfortably alone and productive.

4 years of university to end up dispatching tow trucks. Sometimes, when I'm prepared, I can rock an interview, but they soon discover that I keep to myself and am very awkward. I got an amazing job with Electronic Arts once. Lasted three months. I loved the work, but I couldn't keep up with the office politics.

I dislike the notion of working for a corporation and would prefer, if I had a choice, to work for the government or just for myself. I don't know how much of a choice I will have. I've had one job where I lasted a few years, but since then I've hardly been employed for more than a couple of days. Perhaps I haven't applied to as many places as I could have, but I'm also trying to get a degree which does require a certain amount of time studying and going to classes. I'm hoping it will bring me a day job that I won't hate while I can try and become enough of an author that people will buy my stories. Or something creative and self-directed anyway. It doesn't sound like there's much of a chance out there.

New Threads

Top Bottom